Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Juan

favourite villain?

Post your favourite villain, and give reasons.

I nominate Disney's Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC5YUsxROMU&feature=share&list=PLAA45F75339DF84C9

"Oh come now Prince Philip. Why so melancholy? A glorious future lies before you - you, the destined hero, of a charming fairy tale come true. Behold - King Stephan's castle. And in yonder top most tower, dreaming of her true love, the Princess Aurora. But see the gracious whim of fate - why, 'tis the self-same peasant maid, who won the heart of our noble prince but yesterday. She is indeed, most wondrous fair. Gold of sunshine in her hair, lips that shame the red red rose. In ageless sleep, she finds repose. The years roll by, but a a hundred years to a steadfast heart, are but a day. And now, the gates of a dungeon part, and our prince is free to go his way. Off he rides, on his noble steed, a valiant figure, straight and tall! To wake his love with "loves' first kiss"! And prove that "true love" conquers all! Ahahahahahah!"

Maleficent is Richard III without any ambition other than spite: she's not content to just destroy her enemies, but to also destroy the very premise of the fairytale - she wants to push the theory of 'true love', by keeping Philip a prisoner for 100 years so that 'love's first kiss' is not delivered by a upright hero, but by a shabby and diminished old man. In doing so she destroys the happy ending, which is the ultimate aim of her intentions.

Truly a vile fucking bitch, but does it with such dark elegance that it's both captivating and alluring.

Gonna be cliche, but The Joker. Especially Mark Hamil as the Joker. Ledger did a pretty good job too though.

Nomad said:

Gonna be cliche, but The Joker. Especially Mark Hamil as the Joker. Ledger did a pretty good job too though.

Good choice.

shodan was mentioned, so there's no way to win this thread anymore.

the runner ups for me would be the monarch, gary oldman's dracula and... magneto, i think.

I've got several favourites in this category.

The first one is probably very obvious - Anakin Skywalker aka Darth Vader. The reason is because I can relate to him in a few areas... I migrated from USSR to Canada at around the same age that he migrated from Tatooine to Coruscant; I'm the only child that my mother had and Anakin is the only child that his mother had; I've had crushes on women who were either much older or much younger than myself and so has Anakin; I'm very passionate and have quite a temper, and so does Anakin; I'm quite naive and so is Anakin; I've been exiled from a social circle before and so has Anakin; I've done something that I regret and so has Anakin...
I think that sums it up for this first favourite. :)

My next favourite is Harvey Dent aka Two-Face, because we seem to share the same philosophy about there being more than one side to everything. There's a "good" and "bad", a "positive" and a "negative" to everything in the world. There is no such thing as ultimate correctness, and one man's fortune is always another man's misfortune.
We also both seem to be victims of bribes and vendettas, but I don't want to go into detail on that. Thank you.

My third favourite is The Joker because he has the best puns and punchlines which inspire me to make my own puns and punchlines.

My fourth favourite is Jervis Tetch aka Mad Hatter because I can relate to him as well. We're both lonely old geezers who seem to be seeking something which is slipping from our grasp, and we both have passionate undying obsessions with masterfully crafted works of fiction.

That's all of them, I guess. ^_^

Does disney character count?

hmmmm.....Lady Tremaine from Cinderella, maybe she's bitch-like however I do love Cinderella. The 2 ugly step-sisters(Anastasia and Drizella) are rather funny and stupid although they once tear Cinderella's dress.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Lady_Tremaine
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Anastasia_Tremaine
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Drizella_Tremaine

Grand Admiral Thrawn because he is a genius tactician and I just liked his character moreso than any of the other Star Wars villains whether they be from the original trilogy or the Expanded Universe, I thought his voice actor (which is the only one I have ever heard) in the game Empire at War: Forces of Corruption perfectly suited him.

Mr.Freeze
Everything that makes a good villain in one package. He's also one of those rare villains that no matter how evil and destructive his actions are, you can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He's also (pardon the pun) the cold and calculating type. Not because he chooses to be, but because he's has nothing left. Everything he loved was taken away from him and he is a prisoner in a world he can see, but not touch.

Freeze isn't entirely a villain. He goes through phases where he's helpful too. Usually just because it will benefit his goal to revive Nora and cure Nora though.

Nomad said:

Are you also a massive crybaby like Anakin?

Technician said:

Or a pouting prick around his elders.

Ermm... Just like Anakin, I despise being mistrusted and denied access to some things which I rightfully deserve to have through my hard work. Yes.