Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Juan

favourite villain?

A couple:

Harvy "Two-Face" Dent - I think because he was something really good that turned really really bad. Additionally he seems to put the most psychological stress on the heroes being that he was once their friend.

Jack Lupino - Really probably the more memorable Max Payne villain for me seeing that he was bat shit insane and out of the ass crazy. His voice I also remember being extremely distinct and loud. He by himself wasn't much of a fight, though his henchmen took a bit fo time to take out, but as a character I liked him for just being crazy.

Archvile - I hate them to all eternity, but love them at the same time. Not sure why but my favorite video game nasty despite how much I actually hate fighting them. Only monster that really makes scream out "OH SHIT".

Mr. Freeze - More Anti-Hero to me, but I really liked his TAS story (Which is pretty much everywhere) and more or less pity for him.

Madhatter - The Animated Batman version primarily, only one I've really seen. I guess I only include him because I like he doesn't kill Batman outright despite actually being able too. He's not really top five I guess.

Jaws - It's a fucking shark that killed Robert Shaw. Yes I've only seen the first Jaws, but I hear that's good enough.

printz said:

Slade Wilson from the Teen Titans cartoon. Dear lord what a creep.

Deathstroke is pretty bad ass. He was the best part of that show too. Silly they couldn't use his moniker since they thought it was too "dark" for a kid's show.

He's another one of those guy's that's not ENTIRELY a villain though. He's just an incredibly skilled assassin, to sperg level degree of perfectionism. As long as there's money in it he'll do the deed for anyone, good or bad.

Clonehunter said:

Harvy "Two-Face" Dent - I think because he was something really good that turned really really bad. Additionally he seems to put the most psychological stress on the heroes being that he was once their friend.

Harvey does get rehabilitated a bit. He is able to repress the "evil" half eventually, but it has a habit of creeping back.

Now that I think of it, there's a large amount of Batman villains that flip flop a lot. Joker's practically the only one that hasn't been "good" for a stretch. You'd think that even he would do some good things now and then just to keep Bats on his toes.

Satyr000 said:

Mr.Freeze
Everything that makes a good villain in one package. He's also one of those rare villains that no matter how evil and destructive his actions are, you can't help but feel sorry for the guy. He's also (pardon the pun) the cold and calculating type. Not because he chooses to be, but because he's has nothing left. Everything he loved was taken away from him and he is a prisoner in a world he can see, but not touch.

He's a shit poster but I wouldn't call him a villain.

Don't think I can pick only one.

The Alien Queen from Aliens is pretty bad ass.

Teh Terminator.

Star Trek's Q and Khan Noonien Singh. Also Lore.

Darth Vader from the earlier films. Also like General Grievous.

The Nazgûl.

Clonehunter said:

Nomad said:

Harvey does get rehabilitated a bit. He is able to repress the "evil" half eventually, but it has a habit of creeping back.

He is able to actively switch between the two contrasting personalities dozens of times within a single day merely by flipping a coin with his thumb. That's the whole attraction of the villain, as well as the trademark.

Clonehunter said:

Madhatter - The Animated Batman version primarily, only one I've really seen. I guess I only include him because I like he doesn't kill Batman outright despite actually being able too.

He tried to kill Batman through the use of some mind-controlled servants.

DarkJedi188 said:

He tried to kill Batman through the use of some mind-controlled servants.

Yes he did, but I was referring to that one episode in the 'alternate world' or whatever. The most I've seen of Batman has really just been the Animated Series and most of the (theatrical) movies.

Probably calypso from twisted metal 2 and maybe twisted metal head on. All of the other incarnations were either too cheesy or too "dark", but the ones from these two games were a good balance of both. All he can do is grant people's wishes, but that's all you need to be an evil mastermind. Great personality too.

I'd have to say Al Borland from the Home Improvement game. Before I go on I just want to warn you that this post has spoilers about the plot so if you're planning on playing Home Improvement you should probably stop reading.

The way he manages to manipulate Tim's own children into stealing his tools is just shocking. And it's not just because of his brilliance; Al is extremely intimidating with his flannel shirt and tough guy beard all the while placing his hands on his hips like it's not even a big deal. Perhaps the most unsettling part about Al is that he isn't even defeated at the end of the game; although I find this entirely appropriate seeing how Tim is clearly no match for him. Al knows this too, and there is even a cutscene at the end where he taunts Tim while displaying his sadistic smile. After that the credits roll. It isn't the most satisfying ending, but what I like is that it leaves the possibility of Al to return if there is ever a Home Improvement 2. Perhaps Tim can finally finish what he started.

Clown/Joker in Batman and Otis from "House Of 1000 corpses":

...and of course: Freddy Krüger from the eighties movies.

Venom from Spiderman - There's an element of madness in there that I like.

Hannibal Lecter - Debatable I guess.

Tyler Durden - Also debatable.

Joker - More madness! >:-D