Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Average

EE Specific Wads?

Apart from the Vapourware demo are there any wads made specifically for the Eternity Engine?

I'm curious to see what can be done with this engine. :)

Average said:

Apart from the Vapourware demo are there any wads made specifically for the Eternity Engine?

Well, there are DSV4 (no longer compatible, requires an old version of Eternity that still has FraggleScript support), and Ogro Power Facility and De Kerker on the idgames archive (those two should work okay). Note that searching for "Eternity" in the textfile on the archive is a bad idea; far too many unrelated results.

Then there's Doom: The Lost Episode which is in dual-compatibility mode (ZDoom and Eternity), as well as (in theory) the Hacx 2.0 IWAD (compatibility with Eternity not guaranteed in beta versions).

There was an unfinished WIP map with some portals that somebody posted in the WADs and mods forum several months ago, I don't know if the download would still work anyway; and if you dig around you might find some of the test maps that had been created for various reasons.

Gez said:

Note that searching for "Eternity" in the textfile on the archive is a bad idea; far too many unrelated results.

If it isn't the common word 'eternity', it often results in Boom compatible maps that have also been tested on Eternity.

Thanks folks for your input.

Now, I have something different to play this evening. :)

I wish Eternity would get a little more attention from mappers. I'd be really interested to see some of it's special features in practice. I wish I could map!

There should be a community project to make maps for the Eternity Engine specifically.

Maybe have Eternity be Community Chest 5's source port of choice? (If there's going to be one, prolly way too early to think about)

Death Egg said:

There should be a community project to make maps for the Eternity Engine specifically.

Maybe have Eternity be Community Chest 5's source port of choice? (If there's going to be one, prolly way too early to think about)

Because Linguica's CC3-for-ZDoom was such a resounding success.

The Community Chest series should remain for limit-removing Boom; there's no reason to make something different. An Eternity community project is not a bad idea; but it shouldn't be a CC.

Yeah, it's generally difficult to organize large-scale community projects for any advanced source port, due to the inherently more limited set of potential contributors who are already familiar with the featureset, the learning curve for anyone who isn't, and the number of people who will be turned off completely by the added complexity or are afraid their maps won't stack up (pun unintentional).