Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

Joseph Lord said:
Gebstadter: To complicate things a bit, is not big deal, but u get very fast the blue key, i can do a speedrun easily if i start for example in the map06, is not necesary kill the spidermastermind and mancubus [/B]

Fair enough. It's intended to be played from a pistol start and I agree that it breaks down if you come in with enough weaponry to deal with the threats right off the bat. I'll consider whether there's a good way to deal with that without overcomplicating the map. (Even some way of delaying the elevator to the last room, to make sure that the mastermind kills you if it stays alive, would suffice.)

Since I'm done with my 2 maps I'm free to playtest maps now.
As long as the maps aren't difficult like Suner I'll be able to playtest them.
Feel free to playtest the mutiny and bloody hell, I'm sure that you'll enjoy playtesting my maps.

I will make a 2nd level for the project. This time I will make MAP03. I'll decide on a name later on.

There's only 1 room left to do on my second map! That's for sure one of the best maps I made.
Cool stuff it has for now:
- space void that may make you float away and die on HMP and higher difficulties
- scroller trickery including:

• crushers that work differently than normal crushers (and looks more brutal)
  • secret teleporting megasphere
  • lowering bars requiring yellow key that lies on a conveyor belt you must move via four switches
- amount of detail I had never put on a map before
- a slope. Indeed.

It will be done before Monday. That's for sure.

Wow, this is amazing! I love the details.

Also, I claim MAP29. I can't promise any dates to finish yet, but I'm planning to make a quick level like the previous one - but in this case, I'm gonna do a slaughtermap. I hope I'll be able to do it =)

Keeper of Jericho said:

Continued working on "Nabataea" today, my second room is almost done, just need to brush up the blue-key part where the exit'll be. Have some screenshots!

Pure sickness!!

I really don't have any proper experience for mapping, but still trying learn my ropes on this business.
Anyway, if you will, I could partake into this little project, taking map25 slot. :)

Keeper of Jericho said:

Continued working on "Nabataea" today, my second room is almost done, just need to brush up the blue-key part where the exit'll be.

well, now i understand why it is taking so long to make... it reminds me a lot of plutonia...

CorSair said:

I really don't have any proper experience for mapping, but still trying learn my ropes on this business.
Anyway, if you will, I could partake into this little project, taking map25 slot. :)

You can have it. =)

Cacowad said:

well, now i understand why it is taking so long to make... it reminds me a lot of plutonia...

Yea, me too! reminds me plutonia 2, look nice

Good news! I'm in the middle of creating a second map. Its going to have mainly a hell-theme, since I created Map01 with the premise of "hell invading earth" in mind.

I'd like for the map to have another spot in the first episode, if thats possible. :)

There's not a whole lot that is 'wrong' as far as I can tell from the screenshot. I can tell you what I would do though: make the upper parts next to the goatface have alligned textures. I think most people would automatically allign those textures anyway, but it CAN add to the feel of the map, so it depends on what you want.

Second thing I can see is the mid-texture. It seems to stop where the 'path' begins in the middle, and it looks bland. You should add two squares or something next to them that function as a small pillar to which they are attached.

I like the chaos symbol on the ground, nice touch. :)

Since I'm too lazy to continue my dead project I think that I'll work on another e3 map.
I'll take map 22 since It's no longer taken according to the list.

Just an instant comment: I didn't name MAP17 as "Hallway Phase 3", it was the current progress, not the name!

ok, i need your advices again...

there's the fixed gate (even if i liked more before, now it seems a bit plain...)

an "other side" view...

and the horror! my eyes bleed when i see it! but i can't use the middle part... what can i do? lower the heigth of the face? adding a sector behind the bars? redo it completely? argh! i hate you demon of details!

thank you agent for your advices however ;)

Started doing my map this morn, and here's my progress so far (room 1):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5xya3fiub687ua/map25-shot1.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4r79bqhdnppg44/map25-shot2.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqjgsl04dqprlu6/map25-shot3.png

Map's name is "Infinity Nexus." That is, if I can't find better name, though.
The room itself is sort of hub, connecting to all parts of maps. Still feels very blank and uninteresting, and a tad bit of too dark, in my opinion. But if you got comments, bring it on...

Actually instead of map 22 I'll take map 15, when it comes to hellish maps It's not my cup of tea (thats why bloody hell is similar to all these cave slaughter maps).
It's still nameless, I'm still planning what my map gonna look like.

cacowad: i like it, if u want some details maybe with hanging victim decoration in the walls, but i see that its look great and dont need to much details

ummm, by now i will not change so much the starting chamber, i dislike overdetailing (even if sometime i fell into this temptation), i still don't like very much the rear...
anyway @Gebstadter your map is pretty good :D you used well the specials of map07, and the first part without monsters was intriguing, i was all alike "and now what will appen?". i liked it.