Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

md2 weapons

Were can I find a compleat doom md2 package? I'm using the md2s that came with Jdoom, but I've seen screen shots of md2s tha replace the weapons as well. i've been looking for them with google, but all i'm finding is packs with a hand full of besties replaced.

well there is a md2 package for zdoomgl which replaces weapons as well, but they suck, for example they are done bad or the animation will desynch fast. use the normal sprites if you really want to play doom.

If you're using the new version of jDoom (1.12.3), there isn't hud weapons yet available. For older jDoom (1.11) the MPU packs are available here

There is also a pack for jDoom that replaces the original hud weapons. It's called abbspack, and it should be available in jDoom homepage

Also Vavoom and some other ports use md2 models for hud weapons from a Doom conversion made for Quake.

I'm learning 3DSMax at the moment, if someone feels like texturing any models I make I'd like to give making some Doom weapons a try...

I'm currently learning 3DSMax in this course I'm doing. You can find plugins for 3DSMax to export to MD2, and if you can't you can write your own (we will be writing data conversion plugins later on in the year, previous years have mainly done MD2 exporting).

I myself am trying to learn maya, actually planning on trying to learn it, just need a tutorial or book on it first.

If you can make models lots of people would try skinning 'em for you. Any chance you'd make me some MD2 scenery for my Legacy levels? Heh, I've got 3DSMax, but unfortunately no artistic ability...

Yeah I warezed 3DSMax a while ago. And I've spent the last few weeks trying to improve my photoshop skills. And I have to do a major presentation in a few weeks on computer imagery and graphics. I'm becoming a computer art nut.

...like from Kazaa? Cause the one i have is missing a couple .cab files.