Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deadnail

Stupid Goddamn Motherfucking East Coast

Someone tell me what this thread has to do with politics a/o religion, because I fail to see the connection. My originating post did, however, have some nice Doom related questions at the end I'd like answered so once again, wtf? =)

Someone tell me what this thread has to do with politics a/o religion

Doh! David Townsend? Doh does the title "Sex and Religion" mean nothing?

deadnail: nevermind, I'm just a fuckzit who doesn't trust in official band websites' news because in general they're always one year late :)

Guess I should start paying more attention to hevydevy.com since it's worth it.

Originally posted by fodders
Doh! David Townsend? Doh does the title "Sex and Religion" mean nothing?

It doesn't mean nothing it means something. I actually have that Steve Vai CD. I just got it to fill up my Devy collection. =)

JPGs are for high res photos and screenshots, NOT textures. JPG textures look blurry as ****, especially as modern engines already blur the textures themselves.

That's the filtering at work. JPEGs aren't particularly blurry on their own, unless you freak with the image beforehand. Besides, filtering a JPEG is like lashing a rabid wolverine to your ass anyway.

DC

Trust me, saving a texture as a .jpg loses detail. Unless, that is, you use very low compression, in which case what's the point in using .jpg?

Like I said many times before a jpeg with 1 compression is still smaller than a raw bitmap but looks 99% as good.

And don't ask me about the validity of jpeg as a texture format. It's in Q3A so if you question that Dima will come and bombard you with sentence fragments and assumptions!

Originally posted by Psyonisis
lol... who's Devin Townsend?

I should ban you.

Who said anything about bitmaps? There are plenty of other, better, file formats out there...

Q3 has no story, very little replay, and only a couple of redeeming qualities. Does that mean we should strive for the same in games we produce?

DC

GODAMMIT, don't badmouth that horrible sack of shit Q3A. Dima will wander in here and barrage us with insults, sentence fragments, half-truths and just generally ejactulate 5 tons of idiocy all over us! HUSH!

Originally posted by deadnail
GODAMMIT, don't badmouth that horrible sack of shit Q3A. Dima will wander in here and barrage us with insults, sentence fragments, half-truths and just generally ejactulate 5 tons of idiocy all over us! HUSH!

Yo, she-bitch.

Let's go.

DC

i stopped playing fighting games because they get much too old much too fast

i don't think that ANY console should have netplay, it'll just burden the net with every 12 year old whos mommy bought him an xbox, ps2, or cube

some new picture formats would be nice, but you can't expect anyone nowadays to go out of thier way to appease anyone else's whim, unless one of these programmers of zdoom still avidly edit doom and want the support for thier own nifty mods and such

i've heard a good bit of the new korn album, and it sucks
i've heard a qestionable demo tape of a new metallica song, it sucks

amd one of these days i will kill a cyberdemon with my chainsaw

-gizmo

*EDIT*
yah, and i think quake 2 is heads above q3a in Deathmatch

but i do like the quake 3 engine...but its time to get a new engine that looks prettier out to the public

erm, grapics don't mean a whole hell of alot to me anymore...just as long as the gameplay and you can play the game more than once over