Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoneeLlama

ROCKTOBER - Birthday wad for purist and Katamori

So, I wanted to make two speedmaps for purist and Katamori, since they share their birthday with me, but the first one just got big, so I decided to offer this one wad for the both of them (I hope you guys can share).

So without further ado: ROCKTOBER (ver. 2)
Doom II, MAP01, should be vanilla compatible (tested with Chocolate Doom).
/idgames link: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16969

Happy Birthday guys!

Thank You! I'll play it tonight and post an FDA. Would like to return the favour but my mapping inspiration is a little dry

FDA. Very nice, love your classic style. :) I thought that some doors were redundant (like instead of just a red switch that would open the bars nearby, you make a red door and only then a switch behind it) but that's a very minor thing.
I wonder if this map was somewhat inspired by garrulo.wad (it used SS nazis and Black Sabbath's N.I.B. too)
Also cool picture at the exit. :)

Very enjoyable - I could happily play a whole episode or (dare I say it?) megaWAD in this sort of style.

Memfis said:

FDA. Very nice, love your classic style. :) I thought that some doors were redundant (like instead of just a red switch that would open the bars nearby, you make a red door and only then a switch behind it) but that's a very minor thing.
I wonder if this map was somewhat inspired by garrulo.wad (it used SS nazis and Black Sabbath's N.I.B. too)
Also cool picture at the exit. :)

Thanks!
I don't know if those doors were redundant or not, I was keep getting bugs in ChocoDoom when using a "not redundant" way, that's why I put them there, plus I wanted to finish the map as soon as possible, and that seemsed the quickast way then.
I did play garullo.wad once, but I wanted a Doom2 IWAD style in looks (the centre part with the STONE4 pillars were more-or-less inspired by Circle Of Death). The SS were originally ment to be a joke on the censorhip in Doom BFG edition (I wanted to put a graffiti there saying "Censorship suck" in german, but then decided not to).

Phobus said:

Very enjoyable - I could happily play a whole episode or (dare I say it?) megaWAD in this sort of style.

Thanks. I have a couple of unfinished maps, so I might release an episode replacement sometime, but first I gotta finish a map for Memfis' Inferno episode.

I updated the map (removed the redundant switches, replaced the SS', and put in/changed a couple monsters for good mesure). New link is in the first post, plus I submitted it to /idgames.