Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NightmareZer0

PS3 Hacked...Again.

Nevan said:

Seriously, protect yourselves so I can actually have trust in you guys.

They're not going to. Their security record is shit. Not only are they unable to (or at least don't feel it's worth their time and resources) protect their own users, but they also launch attacks of their own against them. Remember when Sony was putting PC spyware on seemingly benign music CDs?

Fancy leaving the bootloader decryption keys on a (presumably) publicly accessible server - good one Sony.

Games consoles have been hacked one way or another for some time, allowing people to run pirated games and whatnot on them. It's certainly not good for Sony, or their public appearance, but I don't get why this particular hack is so newsworthy. Especially when compared to that PSN security breach a while back.

DoomUK said:

Games consoles have been hacked one way or another for some time, allowing people to run pirated games and whatnot on them. It's certainly not good for Sony, or their public appearance, but I don't get why this particular hack is so newsworthy. Especially when compared to that PSN security breach a while back.

Yeah, back when I feared for my money being stolen - luckily I never keep my debit card details online after buying something.

DoomUK said:

Probably because they've been the most obstinate, malignant, self-defeating champions of bullshit DRM so far, spitting on their own fans repeatedly to tighten their reign of terror over what you can do with your own property, through their frivilous and unrightful lawsuits and DMCA notices, managing to weaken the very foundations of Western culture's concept of personal property itself - so long as you're an individual and not a sacrosanct corporation at least.

When a company like Sony sees the millions it is frittering away on inevitably broken schemes like this go to nothing, I'd call it a reason for public celebration.

LOL

Maybe there's hope for getting around my PS3's PS1/2 region lockout after all >:D

Nice one, Sony. You done fucked up again.

I'm still waiting for the PS2 Classic emulator gets hacked, I wanna play Half-Life on my PS3 Slim, the big one just died.

Heh.

Now we don't need DOOM 3 BFG Edition or PSX DOOM in order to play Classic DOOM on the PS3. NOW we can play the original UNALTERED versions of the classics we know and love on this thing easy as pie, either with DOPSBox or that PS3 DOOM source port...