Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moustachio

"Interception: Part II" - A Vanilla-Compatible PC for DOOM II

I don't know if anyone else has started their maps but I've got about half the layout done for MAP12 already!

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9273/builder2012110104595340.png

Later the same day.... 45 degree style is fun!

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8815/builder2012110114143292.png

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2382/screenshotdoom201211011.png

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2382/screenshotdoom201211011.png

I guess that's not too bad for two days.

Pottus said:
I don't know if anyone else has started their maps but I've got about half the layout done for MAP12 already!

After Carnophobia, I'll start this one, after digging through some of the texts about Vanilla limits since I've never mapped with those restrictions before.

Pottus said:

Going to ask to move my MAP12 slot to MAP11 I think it will be better fitting here.

I can make my final part of map10 relating it with ur starting area?

Been making a bit of progress on MAP01. I'll post some screens later tonight. Schoolwork and my webcomic project have been slowing me down a bit, but I think I'll have something by the end of the week at most. I think this project is really going to kick it into full gear when the first Interception is finally finished.

Map11 Layout complete just need to place things (Actually was done this a few days ago been working on other stuff )

Can you reserve me a slot? I don't have rather in episode, and I think of beginning my map at about December, or in January :)

lol no, the map07 is perfect, I have some interesting ideas for traps of maucubus and arachnotrons, that I had already experimented before :)

Don't worry, I'm just joking because Pottus already took all of his original maps (except for MAP12 when he switched to 11), and I was half expecting everyone else to do the same.

loved the first one can't wait to see this one!!

how about a monster similar to the Baphomet in Zen Dynamics for final boss? it would move ofc, and fire various projectiles (including spawn cubes)

Pure Hellspawn said:

loved the first one can't wait to see this one!!

how about a monster similar to the Baphomet in Zen Dynamics for final boss? it would move ofc, and fire various projectiles (including spawn cubes)

I think we need someone dedicated to working with dehacked explicitly I'm not the greatest with it myself even though I can get some results I'm sure there is someone who is genius with it that can throw out some interesting concepts so us low skill dehacked users don't have to waste our time =)

Map05's taking longer than expected, but hopefully it'll be finished by the end of the month.
Here's a pic to stare at in the meantime.

I'll also claim Map20; I have a pretty cool idea for it... :)

God I love it when I get an idea for a map that I genuinely like. Things are going at a really slow pace but I'm having lots of fun.

Razen said:

God I love it when I get an idea for a map that I genuinely like. Things are going at a really slow pace but I'm having lots of fun.

Did you post that in the right thread?

I'm changing the qualifications a bit for the first episode so that Hell should look a bit washed out, as if it was frozen over. I'll post a screencap of MAP01 to show you what I mean:

http://matt534dog.webs.com/Screenshot_Doom_20121211_214906.png

Hopefully, nothing too drastic to change in your map.

By the way, MAP01 is finished, but I don't have any testers yet, so leave a reply if you want the position. I'll have four testers (same as last time), and the first four who apply will get the position.

Hmmm, a sequel to Interception where you start in hell, then move onto an alien world...sounds like a lot of fun. As for the two secret levels, I'll definitely look forward to them being even weirder than the originals, but still very fun to play.

When will the texture pack and new monsters be available? I don't want to start my map until they are.

Are you in charge of the texture pack Pottus? I don't have any specific requests I just wanted all of the resources (or at least the E1 specific ones for now) before I started making the level.

If new textures are added and monsters changed I will feel like I need to rebuild my map again with the new assets.