Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

MancuNET is down again -- Sandy casualty?

Mancubus.net and its various hosted sites (SVN repos, Odamex, Doom Wiki, etc.) are unresponsive. Is it a normal issue like have happened several times before; or is related to the damage caused by Hurricane Sandy? Since if I'm not mistaken it is physically hosted in New York?

Earlier while it was "down" I was one time able to get a SSH prompt. After managing to enter my password, it paused for about 5 minutes and then booted me out with "the server has forcefully closed the connection". Whatever is causing these frequent outages is a problem on the server itself; we apparently again have some process that is going out of control and getting forked until it fills up RAM and uses all the CPU cycles available on the server.

Last time it was the zip process doing this, and it was being run by WebSVN. This time, I have no idea what the problem is.

I continue to have issues with mysql, why I do not know. It causes a system resource explosion and everything becomes unresponsive to the point that it won't serve anything or will do so extremely slowly.

I don't think there was any impact from the storm.

Sorry to bump this thread, but the MancuNET home page is just a blank white page even though its hosted sites are still up. Is it still down or what? Also, the Doom Builder 2 download mirror provided by Mancubus.net from the Doom Builder 2 downloads page leads to a page that says "Not Found". I have Doom Builder 2 but what if something happens to the other download mirrors?

NiTROACTiVE said:

Sorry to bump this thread, but the MancuNET home page is just a blank white page even though its hosted sites are still up.

That's normal. There's nothing to see on the site itself.