Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zombi

zombi's Doom Collection - Updated: 2/23/13 (Graded Final Doom Added!)

Hello everyone,

Thought this would be the right place to show this off. Maybe some collectors around here would be interested...

About a month ago I was lucky enough to purchase a factory-sealed copy of Doom 64. It was in such good condition, I decided to send it away to the Video Game Authority to be graded and preserved. This company rates sealed and complete video games, as well as other collectibles. As their name suggests, they are the "authority" when it comes to grading condition.

I got my game back the other day and it scored at 85+ Near Mint condition, which is their "Gold" tier.

When an items condition warrants classification within this level, the smallest of flaws are judged and taken into account to determine the exact grade received. The select few items which receive these grades are among the highest quality in existence. A very small percentage of items submitted to VGA receive a Gold level grade. An items flaws must be very minor, subtle, and can often be difficult to identify with the naked eye. A collector who is extremely condition sensitive should be satisfied with the condition of a Gold level item in the vast majority of instances.

Nintendo 64 games are especially hard to get in this condition, because their packaging is prone to damage and the plastic wrap of a sealed game is also very fragile. I pride myself in knowing that I have one of my favorite games, preserved in this condition. It is sealed in a protective UV casing.

Anyways, here are some pictures:

That's awesome, dude. Hang onto that. A favorite game in collectible condition is worth so many feels.

Very nice! How much does a mint boxed copy of Doom 64 go for anyway? I imagine having it graded like that adds to the value too.

I've been collecting older games lately (Genesis, SNES, N64, PS1, etc). Although I don't really have the free money to shell out for mint copies of most games. But what always bothered me about SNES and N64 games, both back in the day and now, is that they were packaged in those fragile cardboard boxes. Nowadays it's a bigger problem just because not many of them survived, which makes it really difficult to buy a mint boxed copy of those games without paying a lot more.

Anywho, I seem to have lost of copy of Doom 64 (which was broken so I guess it's no big loss). It's on my list of games I really want to get. It would be pretty awesome to get one like yours since I doubt I'd actually play it on a N64. Not when there's D64EX to play with :)

That's really nice, I love the back of the box.

Feels like more of a sequel than Doom 2 but... DooM64!

Now let's play the other 63, sixty-three Dooms so fun fun

Mechadon said:

Very nice! How much does a mint boxed copy of Doom 64 go for anyway? I imagine having it graded like that adds to the value too.

I've been collecting older games lately (Genesis, SNES, N64, PS1, etc). Although I don't really have the free money to shell out for mint copies of most games. But what always bothered me about SNES and N64 games, both back in the day and now, is that they were packaged in those fragile cardboard boxes. Nowadays it's a bigger problem just because not many of them survived, which makes it really difficult to buy a mint boxed copy of those games without paying a lot more.

Anywho, I seem to have lost of copy of Doom 64 (which was broken so I guess it's no big loss). It's on my list of games I really want to get. It would be pretty awesome to get one like yours since I doubt I'd actually play it on a N64. Not when there's D64EX to play with :)

It's really tough to gauge how much a sealed game is truly worth. It really depends on how much someone is willing to pay for it. All I know is that it is extremely rare to find one in this condition. If you look at Ebay, there are a few currently listed. One is re-sealed, and the other two have obvious physical damage.

It's funny that your mention Super Nintendo games, because I've got a (supposedly) mint copy of Doom coming my way which I also plan to get graded.

But do you know if there is actually a game inside, or the correct game? What if at the factory they accidently placed "My Little Pony Adventures With Barbie" in it instead?

Well, pretty cool anyway, I never seen the box before.

Very cool, and I see that you sprung for the archival case. I, too, have been thrilled with the quality of VGA's final product. Thanks for sharing!

Finally got this one in the mail today. Great condition. I'm very happy with it for the price I paid.

I remember playing this game before my parents bought our family our first computer.

Great memories.

...Will be shipping out to VGA soon for grading...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/trioxin/Video%20Game%20Collection/doom_snes_front.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/trioxin/Video%20Game%20Collection/doom_snes_back.jpg

My computer was being stupid. I finally pulled them up. Very cool my friend, very cool. Doom 64 is my favorite out of them all. Have you test played it? Also is your name homage to lucio fulci?

DOOMSLAYER said:

My computer was being stupid. I finally pulled them up. Very cool my friend, very cool. Doom 64 is my favorite out of them all. Have you test played it? Also is your name homage to lucio fulci?

Thanks! Good eye on my name!

And this baby is never leaving that packaging. I've got a loose D64 to play if I want.

LoL. Im a big Lucio Fulci fan. But Doom 64 is such a classic. Have you played TC? With the extra levels? I was mad when I learned they were working on Doom 64 II and cancelled it.

DOOMSLAYER said:

LoL. Im a big Lucio Fulci fan. But Doom 64 is such a classic. Have you played TC? With the extra levels? I was mad when I learned they were working on Doom 64 II and cancelled it.

The TC sucks. Doom 64 EX is far better.