Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

One-off speedmapping this Saturday!

Come along to #zdoom on irc.openprojects.net this Saturday at GMT 9 pm (that's 2 pm American East Coast time) for some good old fashioned (i.e. no gimmicks) speedmapping fun! :)

These things are never on a good time for Aussies... that's 5am on a Sunday morning, and I don't wake up till at least 11am on a Sunday...

gim·mick - n.

a) An innovative stratagem or scheme employed especially to promote a project: an advertising gimmick.

b) A significant feature that is obscured, misrepresented, or not readily evident; a catch.

Yes, but if it's too much earlier it's too early for west coast Americans, and if it's too much later it's too late for Europeans.

You just can't win, unfortunately :(

By old-fashioned do you mean themeless? Freestyle speedmapping? Because umm, history has shown that themeless speedmapping sessions suck the rotten lemon.

No, I just mean traditional DW style speedmapping, without things like new textures and speed chainmapping, etc.

I felt that the chain speedmapping we did the other time was a real success, although somewhat frantic and hard on the nerves.. Sounds good. Not sure if I can attend.

How long would we have? I don't have the attention span and I have too much of an obsession with detail to get something good done in only an hour or two.

100 minutes. I mean, >2 hours wouldn't really be speedmapping, now would it?