Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baker

Finishing a WAD

I have been working on a Skulltag/Zandronum CTF map on Doom Builder 2 for the past few days. I have completely finished the map geometry, but now I need to add a song (Doom II's 'Between Levels' to be exact) and make it to where the wad actually loads when opening it in Zandronum. How can I do this?

I may not be the best person to answer this but:

First, get Slade 3 . . . its a Doom editor. Load both Doom II wad and your map into the editor. Find the song your looking for in the Doom II wad, copy it and paste it into your wad. Your not done. Now you need to rename it to match whichever map slot your map uses (E1M1 or Map01, etc.). Rename your song the exact name of the song your map occupies (D_RUNNIN for example) and finally save your map. Oh, and I'm not sure if this method works with the ports you are using.

Alright! That worked. There's only one more problem. When I created this WAD I used textures from Doom II, Plutonia, TNT, and the Skulltag data WADs. When I load the map using Doom II, plenty of the textures are missing. How can I keep all of my textures

Baker said:

I have been working on a Skulltag/Zandronum CTF map on Doom Builder 2 for the past few days. I have completely finished the map geometry, but now I need to add a song (Doom II's 'Between Levels' to be exact) and make it to where the wad actually loads when opening it in Zandronum. How can I do this?

Since your map is for Zandronum, and since it is also for Doom II; instead of copying D_BETWEE as D_RUNNIN, you can use a MAPINFO lump to give the map its name (so it won't be called Entryway) and to tell it to use the music track D_BETWEE.

That way, you don't have to include a copy of the song, which will make your file a little smaller.

Baker said:

Alright! That worked. There's only one more problem. When I created this WAD I used textures from Doom II, Plutonia, TNT, and the Skulltag data WADs. When I load the map using Doom II, plenty of the textures are missing. How can I keep all of my textures

Do you actually have PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps in your mod?

If so, here's what you have to do. First, set your base resource archive in SLADE 3 to be Doom2.wad. Next, open your mod and the texture editor. Go to the PNAMES tab. Scroll through the list to look for patches which do not come from anywhere.

You'll have to add these patches from the archive they originally came from (plutonia.wad, tnt.wad, etc.) until they are all there.

I am unable to find the MAPINFO lump in my map, and PNAMES and TEXTURE1 are also not present.

MAPINFO, you can simply create it. New entry, then edit as text, and start typing code as explained on the wiki.

For the textures, it'll be a bit more complicated I guess. Click on the texture editor button. Since it's for Skulltag/Zandronum, you can tell it to create a new, empty TEXTURE1 lump.

Open plutonia.wad, open the texture editor there, look for textures you used, and copy them (Ctrl-C), then go to your mod's own texture editor tab, paste them (Ctrl-V). And then, outside of texture editor mode, copy the texture patches that you need, too.

Keep doing that until you have all the textures you want. Then repeat for tnt.wad and skulltag_data.pk3.

Ah, thank you all very much for the help. The map is finished and released now. Check it out in the WADs and Mods section if you like!