Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

FREE DOOM!!

i have seen more people asking about this and i just wanted to know are any of u forming a project to make a free doom version. I would like to see it completed, i may own doom but i still think it is a good idea because doom is almost impossible to find now days.

Is this against mordeth's warez rules? I can't tell.

No. He's talking about the construction of an iwad with completely replaced resources. It will run with the open source ports that are available.

Could an iwad made of replaced recources provide the same feeling as the original iwad? The recources would have to be very similiar to Doom´s recources, otherwise you would get a totally new game. Plus there are source ports out there which can work with the shareware iwad. I am guessing making a free (full version) iwad would be waste of time since that game is easy and cheap to find on ebay (and also shops still have this game + you can order it directly from id).

Update: Of course it would not be a "waste of time" if it would be something unique. Making something for Doom (pwads or iwads) of course is never a waste of time. Bad formulation of mine.

lists of possible free dooms:

hacx (should have been one)

chex quest (that cheezy standalone found in chex cerial a few years back)

sonic robo blast II (casue it just kicks ass)

hmmm, i guess those are the three biggest Total Convedrsions, seeing how they replace everything in doom.

lists of possible free dooms:

hacx (should have been one)

chex quest (that cheezy standalone found in chex cerial a few years back)

sonic robo blast II (casue it just kicks ass)

hmmm, i guess those are the three biggest Total Convedrsions, seeing how they replace everything in doom.

Since the Batman TC also replaces everything, plus has more new levels than any of them, I'd say that is the biggest Total Conversion, wouldn't you? :)

And what about the many Wolfendoom TC's?

Sounds like a great idea. If anyone does decide to do this, it might be a good idea to use the same texture names as in the original doom, which would allow it to play all the add-on pwads as well. I think you'd have to recreate all the original textures using textures that look similar, for them to be properly playable.