Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Obama wins the election. More of the same now?

What will happen now; the election has been won by Obama and this means that there could be more of the same from him for the next four years.

What do you think?

Let's see. Do I want four more years of...

shrinking defecit?
less unemployment?
reforms to critical government programs?
ending wars?
not starting new ones?
more focus on domestic growth and spending?
growing marijuana industry?
equality for gays?

Nope. That all sounds horrible. VOTE JESUS/TRUMP 2016

One thing is for certain, Obama didn't win based on his wonderful record. Apparantly that wasn't a factor.

What do I think? Another lousy four years awaits us that probably aren't going to be much different from the last. By 2016, unemployment will still be around 8% or higher, the deficit will still be over one trillion, national debt will be around 20 trillion, economic growth will still be poor, taxes will be higher due to the complete implementation of Obamacare, number of food stamp recipients will be higher, basically everything is going to get a little bit worse.

doom_is_great said:

One thing is for certain, Obama didn't win based on his wonderful record. Apparantly that wasn't a factor.

What do I think? Another lousy four years awaits us that probably aren't going to be much different from the last. By 2016, unemployment will still be around 8% or higher, the deficit will still be over one trillion, national debt will be around 20 trillion, economic growth will still be poor, taxes will be higher due to the complete implementation of Obamacare, number of food stamp recipients will be higher, basically everything is going to get a little bit worse.

Well at least he's not mormon

doom_is_great said:

I love how you just pull shit out of your ass and then present it as if it were true.

Nomad said:

Well at least he's not mormon

No, but apparently he's a gay marxist nazi atheist secret muslim who's not a true american and is hellbent on bringing forth the end of days.

And lets not forget Obama doesn't count people who gave up looking for work or people living off handouts as unemployed inb4 fake stats showing how great he is. America had a chance to make a real change but instead chose the same war mongering puppet to lead them into more oppression and debt. Romney was equally as bad but at least it would've made the left anti-war again if he got elected.

I don't think anyone has ever argued that Obama was great. Just that he's much more desirable than Mittens.

kristus said:

I love how you just pull shit out of your ass and then present it as if it were true.

Is there anything that Obama has done or said during the campaign which suggests that he's going to change his course for America? NO. Even though his policies have sucked and not gotten us back to acceptable levels of unemployment and economic growth, he's still determined to carry out his lousy policies to the very end. Therefore, it can be inferred that by 2016 we will still have more of the same except a little bit worse conditions for the country. More big fat bloated government, more massive spending, higher taxes FOR EVERYONE(you can tax the "rich" at 100% of their income and still not be able to pay off half of the deficit)in order to compensate for all that massive spending, continued high unemployment, lousy economic growth, and sky rocketing debt. More of the same is not the answer. America has made a poor choice tonight.

Yeah, and what would have been the alternative?

Someone cutting taxes for the rich and massively increasing military budget?

Think again, where all that money should have come from!

Besides, it has been proven time and again in many countries in the world that it will only make the rich richer but not improve the economy! That's how Bush started the current mess.

Also, if you want to put blame, don't put it on the president but at the congress which with its Republican majority went out of its way to keep the country from improving - just so that they can get back to power.

GOP - the party for the 3 R's: Rich - Religious - Retarded. I guess you are the latter of the 3.

doom_is_great said:

BIG GOVERNMENT HYPERBOLE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deficit_spending
"Following John Maynard Keynes, many economists recommend deficit spending to moderate or end a recession, especially a severe one."

Small government is a nice idea, but it's not doable right now. Cutting taxes and government at all costs is a dangerous pipe dream conjured up by regressive Libertarians.

doom_is_great said:

More big fat bloated government, more massive spending, higher taxes FOR EVERYONE(you can tax the "rich" at 100% of their income and still not be able to pay off half of the deficit)in order to compensate for all that massive spending, continued high unemployment, lousy economic growth, and sky rocketing debt. More of the same is not the answer. America has made a poor choice tonight.

Your civics blow major asshole.

First off, taxation is a way to fund the infrastructures and services that most companies use to generate their income. Secondly, taxation is one of many factors to keep companies in check so they do not become juggernauts that is JP Morgan or Rockefeller in the late 1800s--which by the way, the Government came in and saved the market from their iron grip on the industry. In this day and age, bloated government is not the issue... super-rich, multi-national, multi-billion dollar corporations lobbying de-regulation are the issue. They are in fact, draining the country of wealth and locking it into the hands of a few.

Most people who vote Republican either are very rich and clever enough to serve their own interests--and I don't blame them for that--or are led around by the rich. The latter group probably have no fucking clue how an economy works, and is led around like a bunch of Orwellian sheeps from Animal Farm yelling about massive taxation in the name of their Pig masters.

The basic principle of a functioning economy is the movement of money: if it moves, it creates demand which is then followed by jobs. If money doesn't move, no demand, no fucking job, no money, got that?

What's happening right now is a combination of shit that throws a grinder into the money moving machine: I can think of estate bust and outsourcing of jobs overseas.

Estate bust happens in the early 2000s when banks loan a $50k person a $100k house, then only to find out that he/she can't afford it, and then foreclosure happens. Bank possess the person's house, person goes broke, can't afford anything else, and no more demand.

Outsourcing of jobs overseas just means that all the profit from investment is concentrated into the hands of a billionaire, and that wealth will sit there, locked up. No demand.

Both examples end up with wealth concentrated in the hand of a few, and without the masses having money to spend, there is no demand in the market, and jobs cease to exist.

Given the current situation, we have wealth, it's just locked up in the 1%, and the other 99% is left wondering where the money has gone. Trickle-down economics policy has never, ever worked. The only way out is to flow money into the system via deficit spending, and enforce regulations on companies that ships jobs overseas and punish multi-billion dollar companies that game the system. It's simple, but in practice, the politics makes these things a pain in the ass to execute.

Very well said Doom Marine. I wonder what would happen if the tight-fisted, tax-dodging billionaires at the heads of the companies were to all be assassinated. Would the sudden power vacuum at the very top result in the landscape changing, or just equally bad people taking their place? For some reason I think the latter.

EDIT: Oh, and yay, not-Republican is in office in America. Hopefully you've sorted out Congress this time around so he can actually move some policies.

i'm happy we won't have a president who still lives in the world of I BELIEVE MARRIAGE IS BETWEEN A MAN AND A WOMAN

Bucket said:

Let's see. Do I want four more years of...

shrinking defecit?
less unemployment?
reforms to critical government programs?
ending wars?
not starting new ones?
more focus on domestic growth and spending?
growing marijuana industry?
equality for gays?

Nope. That all sounds horrible. VOTE JESUS/TRUMP 2016

/agreed

neubejiita said:

What will happen now; the election has been won by Obama and this means that there could be more of the same from him for the next four years.

What do you think?

SGTM

"
Both are pro-foreign interventionist policy
Both cater to the military-industrial complex
Both are in the employ of the international banking cartel
Both will expand government
Both will expand anti-liberty/freedom laws
Both will support a war on Internet freedom
Both will continue the war on drugs
Both will continue to support regulatory growth
Both will support FATCA and alienate US Marts
Both will continue current tax structure
Both will support bailouts for corporate elite
Both will suppress militarily any anti-government voices

"

Violator said:

And lets not forget Obama doesn't count people who gave up looking for work or people living off handouts as unemployed inb4 fake stats showing how great he is.

Yup, because Obama is in charge of BLS statistics and had them changed to measure things differently than they did under Bush.

I voted for Jello Biafra.

And this whole stupid-ass, wishy-washy attitude of "I don't like Obama, but I voted for him because he isn't Romney" is making me physically ill. And while I'm at it, I'd also like to point out the ridiculousness of "Well I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he does well in office". Fuck you, I hope EVERYTHING he does crashes and burns!

Mr. Freeze said:

I'd also like to point out the ridiculousness of "Well I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he does well in office". Fuck you, I hope EVERYTHING he does crashes and burns!

You realize that if that happens then everyone is fucked, including you.

kristus said:

No, but apparently he's a gay marxist nazi atheist secret muslim who's not a true american and is hellbent

Good God, that is one of the most horrifying concepts I've ever read in my entire life. Obama is hellbent? 4 more years of Hellbent could be a disaster!

Mr. Freeze said:

I voted for Jello Biafra.

And this whole stupid-ass, wishy-washy attitude of "I don't like Obama, but I voted for him because he isn't Romney" is making me physically ill. And while I'm at it, I'd also like to point out the ridiculousness of "Well I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he does well in office". Fuck you, I hope EVERYTHING he does crashes and burns!

No offense intended, but that is quite a pathetic and naive point of view. You should probably think about consequences and you know, other forethought-y notions like that.

Mr. Freeze said:

And this whole stupid-ass, wishy-washy attitude of "I don't like Obama, but I voted for him because he isn't Romney" is making me physically ill.

Why? It's the "lesser of two evils" principle. Given the limited choice available, most people vote for the guy they dislike the least. So if they dislike Romney more than Obama, they'll vote Obama.

And inversely, if they dislike Obama more than Romney, they'll vote Romney.

Mr. Freeze said:

And while I'm at it, I'd also like to point out the ridiculousness of "Well I didn't vote for Obama, but I hope he does well in office". Fuck you, I hope EVERYTHING he does crashes and burns!

"Why did you buy a pizza with anchovies? Fuck you mom, I hate anchovies! I hope they're poisoned and you die eating your dumb pizza! *stomp*stomp*stomp*doorslam*"

You're being so blinded by your hatred for the man and/or his ideas that you are actively wishing harm on your country. If you were putting your nation's well-being above vindication of your pet ideology, you'd be wishing to be wrong and that the winner's policies will really work and improve things.

Aliotroph? said:

He's hella better than our dumbass PM. Maybe we should see if we can draft him come 2017.

How does Harper keep getting in anyway? The problem with Canada is we're afraid of electing new blood.

Mr. Freeze said:

And this whole stupid-ass, wishy-washy attitude of "I don't like Obama, but I voted for him because he isn't Romney" is making me physically ill.

Nothing stupid about it, really. Although it's unfortunate that people end up doing that, it's a rational way of acting and the logical end result of Duverger's law.

Go and read up on game theory or something.