Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RestlessRodent

How are the idgames numeric IDs determined?

How are the idgames numeric IDs determined?

I presume the fullsort.gz is used, in reverse order with only the lines containing ZIP extensions, then numerical numbers are built based upon those?

I assume that whenever the database is updated with what's new in fullsort, it just continues counting ids from the highest one that is already in the database.

hex11 said:

YOu making a front-end WAD launcher or something?

Well, I am planning on adding an idgames:// protocol-ish -file support in ReMooD, along with a type of WAD lookup server (like DNS) to request WAD files.

That id field isn't canonical anyway, and in fact I've followed some links to doomworld.com/idgames for invalid id's before (links from old discussions or reviews from other PWADs that mention another id).

You'll probably have to just build your own index directly from the /idgames mirrors (parsing the fullsort file to get a list of dirname+basename of each file should do the trick). That's directly from the canonical source, so it has to be valid.

Too bad this api doesn't seem to have a "search" function, or even a straight one-to-one id lookup based on its full pathname. The closest thing seems to be the "getfiles" function, that you'd have to parse to find the id of the file you're interested in, and then make another call to get that file's info (I'm guessing you're after the ratings & comments, since everything else is available from /idgames HTTP/FTP mirrors).

A search function has been completed. Now, I'm just waiting for Bloodshedder to apply it. I sent him the files to update.