Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Monitor

Reissues wad

I decided a few months ago to make a Half-Life based wad. Using resources from Paranoia.wad, I present to you, Reissues! I hope you like the way this looks, as I may decide to continue this.

Screenie 1:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2yn2hc0.png
Ventilation shafts.

Screenie 2:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2wm2fyq.png
I present to you, invisible imps!

Screenie 3:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2i6jg3n.png
An outside area, note the fog and dead flying imps.

Anyway, I am working on MAP02, and hope you like this.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but I would like some constructive criticism (in other words, I want you to tell me how to improve this).

VERY IMPORTANT!
Since construction on this is slow, I've put Reissues on hold until I can get back to work on it.

Looks pretty nice, although one suggestion would be to improve the rock enclosure in the last screen shot it looks flimsy/flat.

How should I fix that? Add a little variety with some more sectors, or add some slopes? That wouldn't be hard.

EDIT: To the two guys underneath this post, thank you for your suggestions, I think I'll try each solution to see which looks best.

As of now, it seems that your rocks mysteriously vanish into the horizon. Try this little thing Memfis posted in another thread.

This

Or this

Also, try adding more sectors, to give a "bunch of rocks" type of look.

I think there is a lot of solutions, mainly some depth and height variation slopes are not mandatory but a possibility as well, as long the flimsy flat feel is worked out your on the right track.

Okay, sounds good, Gez, how would I set the color of skyfog to a reddish tint? I will post a new screenshot when I get it done.

EDIT: About the texture alignment, I do use auto-align textures, since I use DB2. Thanks for the advice, though.

EDIT 2:I also forgot to realign the textures when I first put the new rock sectors there, so here's a new screenshot.

http://i46.tinypic.com/161gwol_th.png

Sorry that it's in 1024x768, I forgot to set my resolution to 640x480.

EDIT 3:Since for whatever reason, GZDoom didn't like the "skyfog" thing in MAPINFO, I removed the fog altogether. I guess it will matter very little to anyone.

Just one more thing, make sure you set lower-unpegged on all those lines it will align the texture nicely along the Y-alignment. But it is a nice improvement it's not flimsy anymore.

Hey, everyone, a little off-topic, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how I'm to upload any wad to the IDGames archive, can I get a little help here? Thanks! I'll post some more screenshots soon.

Alright, everyone, more screenshots, all in 1024x768.

MAP02 starting area.

The power room, before the power's on.

The power room after the power's on.

Start area after the power's on.

A vending machine past the red key door.

The blue door, next to the red door, any ideas as to what should be behind this?

This map is obviously not finished yet, I hope to have it finished by the end of Friday.

The Monitor said:

Alright, everyone, more screenshots, all in 1024x768.

Use thumbnails if posting large images. I've edited them in accordingly.

Grazza said:

Use thumbnails if posting large images. I've edited them in accordingly.

I thought I did, well, could you tell me how I'm to use thumbnails?
Thank you!

EDIT: Oops! I was being stupid until I realized that was a link, sorry!

Mr. Chris said:

This looks a lot better than the Half-Life themed map I did about 13 years ago.

Yeah, I remember that. Frankly, I thought it wasn't too bad. Besides, my wad only has Half-Life weapons and textures, the monsters are all from Doom. So, I can't say mine is a true "Half-Life based" wad.

Looks neat, i can see your using some duke3d texture too? These screenshots remind me alot of duke3d which is a good thing. So we can expect some realistic looking tech base maps in this wad as well as some yummy looking city maps????

*Groan*

To EVERY visitor, please refer to my first post here.

Construction on Reissues has been slowed due to school and other things. So, I may not update this for a while.