Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buu342

Problem with slopes

Alright, im trying to make some spikes that suddenly raise from the floor, but the problem is that when i raise the floor, the floor doesn't slope. When i raise it manually, it is sloped, but when i raise the sector using a script, the foor raises but it doesn't slope. Im using skulltag. Is there a way to fix this? Im making a boss fight map :/

Gez said:

You cannot have real-time slopes.

Oh that sucks. Is there any way of bypassing this?

Yoo could make the spikes in a pit, hide them and the pit with a 3D floor and then move the spikes up through the 3D floor.

Enjay said:

Yoo could make the spikes in a pit, hide them and the pit with a 3D floor and then move the spikes up through the 3D floor.

that could work if i made a pit, i should use that someday. but since my map isn't a death pit, i guess ill just raise the floor without the slopes. it would look bad but its better than nothing i guess :/

Enjay said:

I didn't mean a pit that the player falls in to - the 3D floor will stop that. Hang on, I'll make an example.

OK, here you go. Load it up in GZDoom or a recent version of ZDoom.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jeia8ovaqfv25nn

ohh i see, but doing so would force me to change my boss arena a bit, especially since i got so many map spots and things to raise...

Thx m8!