Compet-N: incoming and discussion, part 2 [post Compet-N entries here]

Alien Vendetta map 20 uv-speed in 2:53

my first competn demo, it's not pretty.. infact it looks awful, but the new trick here wasn't easy.

59 second improvement over the previous record.

As for nomos, on the webpage https://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=compet-n_rules

"Other demos are not awarded by points (misc/built/nomonsters/...)."

So as I understand it they're fine to upload, but they don't count for points :)

On 8/26/2017 at 3:28 AM, PanterD2S said:

No-Monster Runs now count for Compet-N too?  :-"

Nomo is not calculated for points but demos are accepted for upload for comparison. I did upload some nomo demos but don't have time to fill the rest :/ Hope I'll get my degree soon so I'll be back to Doom and fix everything including cndoom ;)

SerEzER likes this

TNT: Evilution MAP27 Nightmare 100% Secrets in 2:56. This is my first Compet-N entry and after making 3:06 on my PrBoom+ run of the map, I thought why not get DOSBox working for yet another run. Some mistakes costed some seconds but overall, it's a whole minute and 4 seconds faster than the previous record for the map.

Update: Just did a Nightmare Speed demo on MAP27: Mount Pain for TNT: Evilution. My PrBoom+ run of 2:55 has now been beaten by 14 seconds, with a time of 2:41. And apparently nobody has submitted a Compet-N entry for Nightmare Speed specifically for the map, so may as well take the chance. This will be the last time I'll be playing MAP27: Mount Pain for a while.

Edited by GuyNamedErick : Another demo for the Mount Pain.
yakfak, rdwpa, SAV88 and 1 other like this

Well I am my own hypocrite, did another two runs of MAP27: Mount Pain for TNT: Evilution, same categories. And this time I will mean it when I say I will stop playing the map for a while. The 100% Secrets zip file does have a demo with a linedef skip trick near the end, would be great in saving time but I can't seem to get it to work all the time. Regardless, feels like I have REALLY outdone myself.

TNT MAP27 Nightmare Speed in 2:35 - tn27-235.zip

TNT MAP27 Nightmare 100% Secrets in 2:46 - es27-246.zip

SAV88 and Man Q. Bus like this

Why yes, another TNT Nightmare run, and this time on MAP30: Last Call. My best run was 1:29 on PrBoom+, the time I got now is 1:25 1:24, a really big difference in time!

TNT MAP30 Nightmare in 1:25 1:24 - tn30-125.zip tn30-124.zip

Update: Well it didn't took long (nor many attempts), just did another run but this time on Ultra-Violence. It's basically the Nightmare run only not as stressful, then again, I kind of reached my peak on this map.

TNT MAP30 UV-Speed in 1:25 - *removed* Ignore, I have mistaken that there is not a 1:24 demo as apparently, the hr site does have an error where the best time is 1:26 (now 1:25 as I already uploaded the demo). Figures.

Edited by GuyNamedErick : Second demo is not a valid entry, my mistake. Also another attempt on Nightmare.
yakfak, SAV88, Man Q. Bus and 1 other like this

3 hours ago, Grazza said:

There's already a 1:24 for UV Speed, so the second demo doesn't belong in this thread.

Edit: Ah, I see: there's an error on the pernicious hr site. http://doomedsda.us/wad944m230.html

Alright, I'll take down the second demo and get it removed from the Compet-N database, didn't thought of checking the MAP30 DSDA page for the Ultra-Violence demos. Funny enough, there is the 1:24 UV-Speed demo in this page here.

The error is also on the Doom wiki page for MAP30: Last Call too (as of this post), so it's not only the hr site.

Edited by GuyNamedErick : Doomwiki apparently has the error too.

Sorry GuyNamedErick, for some reason demo was not in database, it was uploaded but it was skipped somehow. It is fixed now, sorry for any inconvenience.