Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyber8

My first MIDI's

Hello Marines
Few weeks ago, I made few MIDI files for my..., actually I'm not making wads, but I want you to rate my MIDIs.
The .rar contains 3 MIDIs
-Long Trip to Hell
-I go anywhere
-Something About Destruction
I want you to rate each one [1-10], and tell me what I could do make MIDIs better.
http://www.speedyshare.com/7ZtrP/MIDI2Rate.rar

the third midi was too dull i give it a 1\10
the second was less dull and it has the doom style 7\10
the first one was cool too 9\10

over all 7\10

"I go anywhere" is cacophonous. Couldn't bear to listen to it for the whole duration.
"Long trip to Hell" is mostly alright. Watch out for some dissonances in it.
"Something about destruction" is alright too, though the organ is a bit overly busy.

You're off to a good start - do keep it up. :)

"Long Trip to Hell" is a bit messy, particularly with the clashing between the violin and piano - they're in completely different keys. You use "2nd" intervals on the guitars a lot where they really don't work. The big guitar riff that comes in halfway through is really cool, though. I'd like to hear that as the main riff of a song.

"I Go Anywhere" is definitely the best of the three. The chords work a lot better together here, but do be careful of using the right root note when there's a solo going on - speaking of which, the solo's pretty cool. I could definitely help you improve this if you wanted me to. :)

"Something About Destruction" is okay. Again, there are some conflicts in the keys, particularly between the guitar and organ. In order to work, the chords would need to be comprised of (more or less) the same notes. I think the sequence that occurs in the middle goes on for too long.

Hope this helps. :)

Very thanks, your opinions helped me a lot to understand composing, these MIDIs are my first and I think I'm not going to change anything in them. "Long Trip to Hell" was composed for my schizophrenic friend, who have a lot of problems with his life and family. It is my first MIDI I've ever created. "Something about Destruction" is actually kinda rip-off of "Something about us" by Daft Punk. This MIDI was created after my girlfriend broke up with me, at this point I was feeling rage inside me. "I go Anywhere", this MIDI was created few days ago, one day I founded abandoned factory and from that day I started to interesting in Urban exploring. So, I will not change these MIDIs, brings me back memories and feelings which I expirience during those events.
Once more, thanks a lot for your opinions. I do whatever I can to make my MIDI music better.