• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shockwav3

Which music do you like most...

Which music syle do you like most...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which music syle do you like most...

• Pop
    • Rock
    • Electronic
    • Metal
    • Trance
    • Country

I like a lot of things, but particularly punk. Whatever it is, I have to be able to make out the lyrics (if any). There is very little music that I just can't stand.

Whatever sounds good.
I tend to like metal music, but other genres are good too.
What I can't stand is a buch of morons screaming into a microphone, acting like crazy freaks, while mutilating their instruments.

Anything goes, as long as it's well done. Each genre has it's few good bands and many lousy ones. I like anything well-done.

Before anyone jumps on me, let me tell you that I like anything that catches my ear. That just happens to be mainly NIN and rock (not alternative though, that's just plain bleh).

Oh good, you didn't put (c)rap up there :) This is a MUSIC poll after all :)

Metal ususally, although I can listen to almost anything. My favorite bands are slayer, nirvana, mushroomhead, and maybe slipknot.

I voted 'electronic' because I guess thats the closest thin industrial falls into. Either that or metal. Right now I'm primarily listening to: ohGr, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Apoptygma Berzark, Lunatic Calm, Hive, Genitorturers, Razed in Black, Monster Magnet, KMFDM, Jimi Hendrix, Beck, Atari Teenage Riot, Wumpscut, Tool, and Cake.

Metal.

The bands I listen to right now would consist of: Iron Maiden, Cure, Linkin Park, Static-X, Disturbed, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Deftones, Kittie, Slaves on Dope, Mushroomhead...

Originally posted by AdAmIzEr
HOW DARE YOU FORGET RAP!!!!

/me slaps the n00b/clan leader

Originally posted by the_Danarchist
Thats not what Liam told me. :p

"Laim" is full of shit RiP is dead moron

I used to hate rap but now that i know what some of it stands for and it's not all just fake shit I have respect for some of it.

The best rap is the really old stuff, back before all of it was about drugs, sex, and killing people.

Originally posted by orion
I used to hate rap but now that i know what some of it stands for and it's not all just fake shit I have respect for some of it.

For the love of God, please tell me that you're only joking.

Originally posted by Archvile64
The best rap is the really old stuff, back before all of it was about drugs, sex, and killing people.

Ditto. Jump by Kris Kross was alright, but believe it or not, Ice Ice Baby is among my favorite old rap songs.

Orion: I have respect for some rap

Cren: You must be joking rap sucks it has a silent c at the start and shit

Vbulletin is ghey

ANYWAY there are good rap artists out there, and many good beat/hiphoppish artists who create the same kind of sound. It's the shitty bands of any genre that make it look bad. Just watching MTV you could say Rock music sucks as well.

Learn to quote people's exact words, numbnuts.

And here's an oxymoron: Rap Music

In a nutshell, this is how modern rap goes:

I be pimpn' yo, motherfucker white boys
You fake the funk, I raped yo bitch, dude
Don't be no goody-goody, be punkin' out on da streets
Need some ends fo' mah crack
Wassup mah homies, let's make ow rivals drop they asses...
Blah blah blah....

And as I said, OLD rap is good, it's just this modern lame-ass excuse for music (anybody who thinks it is needs to get his head checked) completely blows goat nuts.

Originally posted by Liam the Bard
It's the shitty bands of any genre that make it look bad.

Well, then in rap's case, 100% of those "groups" are the shitty ones. R&B is whole different genre, I hope you know.

Originally posted by Crendowing
Learn to quote people's exact words, numbnuts.

Beh. Vbulletin doesn't support 2 lines of quoting like the old boards and I'm too lazy to copypaste.

And as I said, OLD rap is good, it's just this modern lame-ass excuse for music (anybody who thinks it is needs to get his head checked) completely blows goat nuts.

There's good modern rap/hiphop/beat artists. You're just not looking in the right place. M. Doughty does some interesting rappish/dance stuff. The Low Fidelity All Stars are entertaining. Just look further than what you see on MTV and you should find something.

Originally posted by the_Danarchist
I voted 'electronic' because I guess thats the closest thin industrial falls into. Either that or metal. Right now I'm primarily listening to: ohGr, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Apoptygma Berzark, Lunatic Calm, Hive, Genitorturers, Razed in Black, Monster Magnet, KMFDM, Jimi Hendrix, Beck, Atari Teenage Riot, Wumpscut, Tool, and Cake.

yeah nice music you hear

Originally posted by AdAmIzEr
HOW DARE YOU FORGET RAP!!!!
I like ludacris

i forgot it because i hate modern rap

Originally posted by Liam the Bard
Beh. Vbulletin doesn't support 2 lines of quoting like the old boards and I'm too lazy to copypaste.

Your problem, not mine.

There's good modern rap/hiphop/beat artists.You're just not looking in the right place.

I'd put ROFLMFAO, but that doesn't even BEGIN to describe how hard I'm laughing right now.

Just look further than what you see on MTV and you should find something.

Too bad I don't watch MTV, or even much TV for that matter.

Anything that helps me picture stuff. I don't have favorite genres or bands, I look for music that serves as inspiration for whatever I'm doing at that moment.

Originally posted by Zaldron
Anything that helps me picture stuff. I don't have favorite genres or bands, I look for music that serves as inspiration for whatever I'm doing at that moment.

I know quite a few people like you. As for me, some of the music I listen to inspries me what to put in my next chapters of the DOOM stories that I write. Some comedy tracks were put in there as well, as weird as it sounds.

all kinds of music can be nice. I usually listen to one type of music for a while and then switch to something else. Right now it's melodic hard rock.

A few bands/artists always remain my favorites though, REM, Tori Amos, Depeche Mode, Weeping Willows among others.

Originally posted by Shockwav3

yeah nice music you hear

...uh, was that intended to be sarcastic or, uh...nevermind...

Anyway, I'll start listening to rap as soon as they start making it in English...