Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheRequiem

Strogg vs. Demons

Who do you guys think would win... The Doom Demons or The Strogg Empire off Quake II?

heh,I'm going to be different and say that I think the Strogg would kick Doom's ass. They have better weapons and technology... lol

this belongs in polls, and I think we did have one just like it a while ago...

well i think the stroggs would win. they aren't as fast as the demons are but they have better weapons and they at least have a brain :)

The Strogg would tear the demons limb from limb and harvest their body parts to make cyber-demons...wait a sec...hmmm...that explains it...

[edit]Damn you Orion![/edit]

funny cause I don't see any Edit msg under your post =P

Originally posted by orion

funny cause I don't see any Edit msg under your post =P

I haven't seen a single one with the new forum software, even when I edit my own posts. I think maybe they're disabled.

oh I've seen them before with the new software, so I guess it's a bug or they've been disabled

The demons would clearly win - they ain't demons for nuthin'.
Oh, yeah just because the Strogg move a tad faster in Quake 2 doesn't mean that they're tougher than the demons.

Just wait for Doom 3 and you'll see that they'll be a lot tougher than those puny cyborgs, muhahahahaha!

Doom Demons, because Baphomet can spit out infinite amounts, and Arch Vile's can resurrect them

Yeah that's great and all that theres a polls forum but that apparently wasn't the question...

That's irrelevant, n00b. We have other forums for a good reason. Honor us or piss off.

DC

Hmmm... Doom Demon's no contest. The REAL question is who would win, Doom Demons or Duke3d Aliens? The Duke3d Battlelord gets my vote.

Originally posted by LordTrasher
Hmmm... Doom Demon's no contest. The REAL question is who would win, Doom Demons or Duke3d Aliens? The Duke3d Battlelord gets my vote.

Pfft, that thing was a pussy, not to mention far less scarier than the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind were when I first saw them.

Originally posted by Doom-Child

That's irrelevant, n00b. We have other forums for a good reason. Honor us or piss off.

DC

Uh, this wouldn't be you getting pissy due to your being awake for 20+ hours on the trot would it? :)

TheRequiem is a rather important contributor to Doom, DC, he's no newbie.

Get some sleep! :P

<BGG>hey, there's a place fgor question liek thsi, the call it the polls forums, maybe you shold actually POST IT THEre?</bbgh>

Pray tell where did you get those statistics?

Yeah, sorry about calling the other guy a hapless n00b, but if he has anything "newbie" in his title, I'm going to assume he's a moron. Unfortunately, this one is the exception to the rule.

And yes, I finally got some God-damned sleep.

DC

Originally posted by Revenant
The Doom demons would win

Thanks for your insightful input into this very splendid and worthwhile thread!

Originally posted by Ultimate Demon
Well a Cyber Demon can kill 100 stroggos monsters befour they can shoot anything at it... So the winner is of course the Demons >:)

The Makron could take out 3 or 4 cybies before it would go down, though.

Heh, but the Macron is also the Überboss unlike the Cybie.
No, Mr. Baphomet aka The Icon of Sin aka Wall Demon John Romero is Doom's Überdemon and he can spew tons of demons at Mr. puny Makron until the Makron dies, while the Icon doesn't even get a single li'l scratch no matter how many BFG balls he shoots at him (and the Makron has no rockets so forget about the makron being able to harm Mr. Romero's-head-on-a-stick).

And if we look at the armies: There are endless hordes of demons, whereas there's quite likely nowhere NEAR as many Stroggs, so they're outnumbered too :-)

Well, they're both types of enemies created by id, meaning they're pretty stupid.
Probably neither.