Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonsbrethren

PSX Doom: The Lost Levels - New Pre-Beta Available courtesy of Salahmander2

Salahmander2 said:

It definitely sounds like a possibility, would be interesting to see how UAC_DEAD turns out.

Now that I have absolutely sod-all planned or interrupting me for the next two weeks, I'll have a go at this after I split up the final map into its original parts again.

Regarding an earlier conversation about pistol starts, it strikes me that neither I nor anyone I knew played Doom on the PSX from a pistol start on single player mode. Back then I used to get hammered on UV whenever I tried and I wasn't convinced that the maps were balanced for it. PSX Ultimate Doom, then Doom 2, felt like entirely contained games that were designed for a straight playthrough, since they did away with the silly "episode" business and instead gave the game a sense of progression without jarring the player with screens of text.

Of course, this is highly subjective. There must have been plenty of people who used to love pistol starting each map.

Hm, my mistake. I've forgot about this version. But I'm sure I've uploaded latest version (again). Anyway, no need to download pk3 from my link.

First of all, thank you all for make the Lost Levels addon for PSX DooM TC , since it was my first doom experience when i was 11 and it was (and still being) my favourite game EVER.
@MayorRawne well, i´ve cleared all PSX DooM and PSX Final DooM (and i still doing it with the psx tc) many times with pistol starts on ultra violence when i got bored, since with prior level´s equipment the game was become really easy. Ahh, i remember the frustration of getting killed really quickly, or near of the end of level and starting it ALL over again... Good times.
Well Thank you To all mapers again for this amazing convertions and hope to see more and more maps for the PSX DooM TC.

Which is the actual latest version of the Lost Levels TC? The original post needs updating with it. All of the links except for Effingham's post above are dead. I haven't played this since Christmas 2013 and have lost track of any progress in the project. It would be helpful if the .wad file had a version number in it or at least a .txt with that information.

MajorRawne said:

Which is the actual latest version of the Lost Levels TC? The original post needs updating with it. All of the links except for Effingham's post above are dead. I haven't played this since Christmas 2013 and have lost track of any progress in the project. It would be helpful if the .wad file had a version number in it or at least a .txt with that information.

mediafire.com/download/r1ngi66ywo07yml/PSXLOST.PK3

It be this one, it's not been updated since August, we're just waiting on the IoS maps to be resplit before I can get the Wolfenstein maps in and have the Lost Levels over and done with.

I dunno, I've got a Doom project going at this minute, plus got life stuff to juggle around, not to mention catching 150 Pokemon, I might give Acheron a go possibly though.

Let me know if something goes ahead. I've got several commitments myself for now, but come summer time, shit's going DOWN :P

Hello guys, long time no see. I'm playing our mod and found on "Titan Manor" texture issue:

It's a door to exit switch.

And I found spawn issue in "The Living End" on Ultra-Violence...

Remember 3 paths to switches? No, I mean, the second 3 paths to switches, inside a big hall. There is a lot of zombies and hellknights:

So, this sergeant in the middle of screen IS STUCK. He trying to move but he doesn't shift.

I hope the project will go to "final" part of development.

Thanks DeXiaZ, I will sort it once I get time. As said in previous posts, as soon as BaronOfStuff resplits the IoS maps, I can put them all together and upload a new version.

Few more bugs and "errors":
Bloodsea level:

PSX Doom doesn't use dead_doomguy sprites in game. We should use another dead "marine" sprites (gibs, I suppose).

Next room in this level - this switch open blocked door by shot. Animation of pressing doesn't work, I don't know why.

Black tower map:

Wrong sky, it's supposed to be firesky (look at room colors, no red, only gold).

I'm sorry, my bad (because it's "my" map) - again dead_marine.

Elevator to Hell level:

Those hellknights are stuck in walls. They doesn't move until you move the platform. But you can easily kill them BEFORE this.

Hanger level (again my):

Wrong sky. Supposed to be a night sky.

Next level:

Erm, it's not a real error, but PSX Doom texture called "COMPTALL" is stupid grey wall with brown blocks, not a computer/tv-set texture from PC version. So, now this wall looks strange, but it's not a real problem.

In map 09 Gotcha!, linedefs 157, 540, 541, and 817 aren't flagged to be repeatable, so you can only use each side of the teleporter (sector 112) once, at which point the level will become impossible to finish.

In map 26 Redemption, this lift will not lower if the compatibility mode is set to Doom(Strict).

In map 30 Mill, the player starts the level in a secret area, while a voodoo doll appears in what should be the player's starting position.

Salahmander2 said:

Is this on the most recent version?

Yes, they're from the version you uploaded in this...

Salahmander2 said:

PSX Lost Levels Beta 1
*In Farnsworth voice* Good news everyone!

I have playtested all levels and made fixes, it should NOW be 100% complete-able, I have only tested this on HMP, but I believe everything will work. I can proudly say, that I think this may be out of the pre-beta status. :D

...post on August 22.

I actually found about another dozen bugs while playing through the levels. I'll post them later today once I finish uploading the screenshots.

In map 37 River Styx, the ceiling flat is bleeding out here because linedef 1560 (between sectors 117 and 231) has no front side upper texture.

In map 54 Tombstone, this door will not open if the compatibility mode is set to Doom(Strict).

I think the coloured lighting has been over done in that, or at least the same two colours are over used.

In map 34 Habitat, this red skull door will not open if the compatibility mode is set to Doom(Strict).

In map 56 The Temple Of Darkness, the ceiling of this room is 1 dimensional.

In map 60 Odyssey Of Noises, the edge of this building is 1 dimensional.

Thank you, Doom_User for help! Damn it, I was playing wrong (old) version xD

Anyway, guys. I thought there are no so much music for our project. So I tried to do new soundtrack. Of course it would be UNOFICIAL addon (for addon, lawl), but all interested gamers can download my music pack too.

Here we go: https://yadi.sk/d/qHlID1WjewR3g

IT'S NOT PK3 FILE (mod). It's a album-testing archive. What I want say:

I want to know which tracks sounds good and which are bad. Maybe for you all tracks sound like peace of sh~t, but I want to read about this. I would be very grateful.

In map 69 Pharaoh, this switch has no switch texture.

In map 32 Central Processing, this box of bullets is floating in the air.

In map 32 Central Processing, there's a part on the absolute eastern edge of the map where a lift lowers as you approach a skull pile, if you fall off the lift behind the skull pile, you'll become permanently trapped and be unable to continue the level.

In map 34 Habitat, the nukage at the beginning of the level was changed to water, yet it's still damaging.

In map 40 Caughtyard, there's some kind of invisible barrier on the grass in the bottom left corner of the map

In map 71 Cyberden, there's some kind of invisible barrier in this window, but not in the other windows in the room.

Habitat's mistake will be my doing, I completely forgot about that, thanks for that one. As for Caughtyard, even though it is like this in the original, there is no reason to put a barrier just like a PSX map would. And cheers for pointing out that error in Central Processing, I actually didn't think it would happen. As for Pharoah, yeah, more than likely gonna change it to a switch texture. Thanks again.

About Pharoah - do you fixed pyramid problem? The right part of pyramid had strange bug - player can't kill zombies by rocketlauncher/plasmagun/BFG because rockets/plasma dissapear on half-path. No problems with projectlie-weapons (pistol, shotguns, chaingun)

In map 33 Administration Center, this secret door has incorrect floor and ceiling heights. This causes HOM and it prevents the player from accessing the secret area.

In map 34 Habitat, the floor of this room lowers (for no apparent reason) the first time you move from from the steps to the the floor. This can cause the player to become permanently trapped and unable to continue the level.