PSX Doom: The Lost Levels - New Pre-Beta Available courtesy of Salahmander2

Nice attention skills :)

BIG update:
Some new screenshots about doors without colors in the middle of door area:

MUSIC patch for new update (for everyone who downloaded OLD!!! PSXLOSTMUS.pk3):
https://yadi.sk/d/zr6AAa1eiuNew
BTW, this file can be runned without psxlostmus.pk3
Full file (PSXLOSTMUS_F.pk3) will be released...soon

So, at now my music addon changes NRFTL Map02, Map03 and Final_Map (Cyberdemon fight) music.

For The_Lost_Levels I remade zmapinfo (re-used from the last psxlost.pk3)

Any comments about music would be appreciated! (Possibly NRFTL_map02 not so PSXed)

Big Update 2:
https://yadi.sk/d/Jh-3s2JBiuTXs

PSXLOSTMUS_F.pk3
You can delete your old PSXLOSTMUS.pk3 if you downloaded this version. And no need "PSXLOSTMUS_NRFTL_Patch.pk3" too

UPD3:
What about the text message after NRFTL? Like TLL. BTW, ending text of the Lost Levels is really good and funny.

I remember that original NRFTL had a text message after Cyberdemon level. So, we can edit it for Absolution sequel.

Like:
TROUBLE WAS BREWING AGAIN IN YOUR FAVORITE
VACATION SPOT... HELL. SOME CYBERDEMON
PUNK THOUGHT HE COULD TURN HELL INTO A
PERSONAL AMUSEMENT PARK, AND MAKE EARTH
THE TICKET BOOTH.

WELL THAT HALF-ROBOT FREAK SHOW DIDN'T
KNOW WHO WAS COMING TO THE FAIR. THERE'S
NOTHING LIKE A SHOOTING GALLERY FULL OF
HELLSPAWN TO GET THE BLOOD PUMPING...

NOW THE WALLS OF THE DEMON'S LABYRINTH
ECHO WITH THE SOUND OF HIS METALLIC LIMBS
HITTING THE FLOOR. HIS DEATH MOAN GURGLES
OUT THROUGH THE MESS YOU LEFT OF HIS FACE.

THIS RIDE IS CLOSED.

And new:
THIS RIDE IS CLOSED BUT IT'S NOT THE END OF THIS STORY. THE MOTHER OF ALL DEMONS CHALLENGES YOU TO A FINAL BATTLE!

Or something like this, lawl

Does that mean the whole DOOM 64 will be available in this TC with things closer to the PC version? :P

taufan99 said:

Does that mean the whole DOOM 64 will be available in this TC with things closer to the PC version? :P

Not yet, the Doom 64 for Doom II is still ongoing.

Here’s a small update to put in what DeXiaZ talking about above:- UPD3
Just drop them in your PSXLOST.PK3
Also altered the D6END so it transitions onto NRFTL. I noticed some issues with secret level introductions popping up between some levels, it had to do with crossing map clusters, so I change the Doom 1 and NRFTL levels in cluster1 and final Doom levels in cluster3 it seem to have done the job, and i don’t think it will interfere with the rest of the game. D7END is the text DeXiaZ typed above and its ready to jump too Absolution when the time comes.
Guys the effort you all put into this is truly amazing. Mind blowing, the Lost Levels are very big deal.

So is this done or not? If so I really think a proper release thread is necessary because I have absolutely no idea what's going on, and I imagine the majority of people don't either.

So is this done or not?

It's not done due to NRFTL issues on maps. When someone will fix those map/texture errors - the project will be finally done.

Here’s a small update to put in what DeXiaZ talking about above:- UPD3

DAMN IT I'M F***NG TIRED TO FIX MY SOUNDTRACK .PK3 FILE! AGAIN ZMAPINFO, WHY ARE YOU SO HATE ME? WHY?????????????????????

Really hate to edit those things. I'm freaking tired. When The Lost Levels would be normally fixed, I'll do ma final TLL Soundtrack fix. But now I give up, because somebody ruins it everytime.

Anyway, it's really nice work, Scott!

Somehow, I want to contribute to this, but I have no skills at all... :(

Well, it's not too late for starting to learning new things ;)

P.S.:

Im gonna stick my aubrey soundtrack in LL and get some use out of those bonus tracks. I havent heard the N64 bonus tracks ingame yet, might as well sneak them in somewhere

Uh, I was jocking...mostly. But thank you very much, mate!

UPD: hm, you totally forgot about D6END:

Map D6END Lookup "LHUSTR_74"
{ 
	Music = "FINALEND" 
	NoIntermission 
	NoAutoSaveHint 
	Next = "LOST74" 
}
It should use "LLEND" music (specially for The Lost Levels), not FINALEND.

Or you think it should be in AbsolutionEnd?

Thank you! (again).

So, who will fix texture issues? I mean, will salahmander2 fix it by himself or somebody must help with this?

taufan99 said:

Somehow, I want to contribute to this, but I have no skills at all... :(

You can play and debug.

I'd prefer the main Lost Levels to be launched now and NRFTL to be tested and added in a bit later tbh. Just in case the project goes inactive for another year or so

NRFTL looks very far off from being release worthy, its pretty much got no lighting done yet, its all far to bright to bear the PSX name so far.

uh so as far as I can see NRTFL is now being integrated into the main thing to be compulsory. Did we not have a consensus not to do that?

and also

LHUSTR_73 = "Lost Dens";
Why was this changed.

Salahmander2 wanted too many things from himself to PSXing project. Now we have problems from that thing.

I'm totally agree with Ragnor. Let's cut NRFTL away from the TLL pk3.

@Eris Falling - we still can copy-delete info about NRFTL (maps, zmapinfo) and release it.

P.S.: Good work, FuzzballFox!

Ragnor said:

The ending text is in need of a bit of fixing up too, lots of typos and broken paragraphs

Ok, but this work is not for me, because english isn't my native language and I always make some grammar mistakes xD

If you're interested in sticking in the project or if anybody wishes to use it for their map they are welcome to! Which format would be preferred?

FuzzballFox said:

If you're interested in sticking in the project or if anybody wishes to use it for their map they are welcome to! Which format would be preferred?

I'll stick it into Doom 64-PSX soundtrack (in future) or possibly in NRFTL soundtrack (as track #4). Anyway, .ogg would be good.

Once all of this is done, will there be a single PK3 that encompasses the PSX Doom TC, Master Levels, Lost Levels, etc? I'm hoping for a single file if it's available, or wondering if there'll be a some sort of new thread/announcement when it's complete.