Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonsbrethren

PSX Doom: The Lost Levels - New Pre-Beta Available courtesy of Salahmander2

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Huh? I was actually asking if perhaps I was missing a step to lower the ledge. I am not very familiar with the map, after all.

I meant I'll fix that. Because it's an gameplay error. This step should be lower instantly. So, now it's fixed. Thank you!

I'm still working on texture errors in every map (thanks to my friend-betatester).
New build will be released in future.

Also tested new interpic (#4):

Looks stylish

DeX could you include this stuff in your next build.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bv159snqwam2l3l/addonPSXLOST.PK3
and delete the titlepic and interpic from the lost.pk3 to stop them overwriting the originals.
these addons replace them with for TITLELST and INTERLST
FDHUDCHK now looks for Cluster 667 and 669 so the changing stats bar and ssg work.
adds to zmapinfo AddDefaultMap ExitPic = "INTERLST" to display the new interpic only in the lost levels.
There's also a place-holder for a lost levels copy writes screen called COPYRTSL, its just a screen that will get displayed after the williams sequence if the lost levels title screen is selected in the customizer tool.

ScottGray said:

DeX could you include this stuff in your next build.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bv159snqwam2l3l/addonPSXLOST.PK3
and delete the titlepic and interpic from the lost.pk3 to stop them overwriting the originals.
these addons replace them with for TITLELST and INTERLST
FDHUDCHK now looks for Cluster 667 and 669 so the changing stats bar and ssg work.
adds to zmapinfo AddDefaultMap ExitPic = "INTERLST" to display the new interpic only in the lost levels.
There's also a place-holder for a lost levels copy writes screen called COPYRTSL, its just a screen that will get displayed after the williams sequence if the lost levels title screen is selected in the customizer tool.

OK, I've added and tested. And I have some questions:
1) Where is The Lost Levels credits line? It was in old builds.
2) I see new "HUD" acs scripts but nothing changed ingame. So, what those scripts change?

This isn't a new build, its only files to add to your existing build.

The new FDHUDCHK checks for lost level map clusters so the hud will change from original to final doom, instead of staying original all the way through the lost levels. You wont notices the changes unless you download v2.135 beta of the tc.

ScottGray said:

This isn't a new build, its only files to add to your existing build.

I meant that in my old builds it works as I can remember. But I just forgot that new credits line was only in my psxlostMUS.pk3 file. That's bad.

DeXiaZ said:

I meant I'll fix that. Because it's an gameplay error. This step should be lower instantly. So, now it's fixed. Thank you!

Ah, my bad. Your initial reaction led me to believe it was just a problem on my end.

Happy to help! :)

Ragnor said:

Small heads up: LOST18 is called "Black Kepp" instead of "Black Keep"

Ow, lawl. Thank you, I'll fix that.

DeXiaZ said:

Ow, lawl. Thank you, I'll fix that.

Back! Alright, first topic I'll be talking about floating things. You tell me if something can be done about the following two examples.

^ Lost37 - River Styx - I suggest putting the base of those candles (or whatever those are called) behind that bar on a lower pillar or bar. Looks bad floating there and kinda ruins the level presentation which is pretty great overall.

^ All Lost60 variants - You tell me if something can be done so monsters don't look like they're walking on thin air in that corridor.

^ Back to Lost37 - River Styx - Texture misplace, west part of the map.

^ Lost45 - The Crypt - That entrance door which closes behind you looks weird. Is it supposed to look like that? If I activate the noclip cheat, it looks alright on the other side.

^ Lost53 - Impossible Mission - There's an invisible wall if you run to that portal facing that way. Also, there are several texture bugs in this level that you'll notice.

^ Lost71 - Cyberden - Texture misplace. I may have missed others.

^ Lost72 - Go2It - North of the map, that ceiling's low for their heads.

EDIT: Added Lost53 bug pic.

Whoah, thank you! Well, maybe I'm wrong but as I can remember "floating" things can't be fixed :\

Other things I'll fix soon

DeXiaZ said:

Whoah, thank you! Well, maybe I'm wrong but as I can remember "floating" things can't be fixed :\

Other things I'll fix soon

I'm afraid I did not explain myself well. I know what you mean, I was just asking for a way to kinda disguise that a bit on those two cases by lowering pillars and stuff. The way it is now it's too obvious, if you know what I mean.

Long time no posts. New build, still NOT finished:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/puh6mz6cp7gyo07/PSXLOST_build_20.11.2015_by_DeXiaZ.7z

List of fixed maps (of course "lost##"):
02, 03, 04, 05, 08, 12, 16, 18 (Black kEEp), 23, 25, 27, 28, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 49, 64, 70

I'm waiting for the new bug reports from my friend-betatester. He's now on lost53 or kinda like that. I'll post news about finishing this project in future (near future, I hope)

Yeah I just realised after there's another way to get to them, I fell off near the exit by accident and only got back through them.
I thought the only way was to jump out of one of the windows, which I had made impassable.

So I don't get it, must I add your LOST73.wad or not?

P.S.: Finished fixing few hours ago. So I can upload 100% fixed version, but only after understanding about Lost73 by Eris. Should I replace old by new or not?

OK. Here we go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f86v0x6jket3ze5/PSXLOST_build_22.11.2015_by_DeXiaZ.7z

Fixed maps in this time:
33, 46, 47, 49, 53, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61 (just for...idk), 61B, 65, 71, 72, 73 (added Eris Falling's version).

So, I've fixed every level (texture bugs/misplacements mostly) and now it's beautiful and 100% playable.

I didn't include TITLEMAP where are "The Lost Levels" cage under fire-animation. I just don't know about this. What do you think, guys?

DeXiaZ said:

So what's next? We're near of finishing/releasing this project. But nothing happens...?

I'm guessing there's nothing else to do?

Wait, guys! I forgot something important:
RE-UPDATE (fixed lost09, damn it!):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5crvvpkpqhai8o0/PSXLOST_23.11.2015_with_new_titlemap.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/u90b6ry92qbafrq/PSXLOST_23.11.2015_NO_new_titlemap.7z

Added two names in credits line "The Lost Levels crew - Special Thanks to:" Nrg01 and Soldat SSSR. Nrg01 found few critical bugs. Soldat SSSR is the guy who did about 1000 pictures of texture misplacements and bugs. They did a really big job, especially Soldat.

Also there are two builds now - one with new titlepic, second without titlepic. Also yeah, I've re-edited script and now it uses TITLEST (like INTERST) for some reasons I don't know (because titlemap changes original Doom-pic anyway):

Which build is better? Yes-titlemap or No-titlemap?

P.S.: https://yadi.sk/d/jZbNxuurkfuif
Music addon (optional as always)

P.P.S.: Is there a way to made The Lost Levels intermission play my music but other (Doom/FDoom) still play original by Aubrey Hodges?

DeXiaZ said:

Is there a way to made The Lost Levels intermission play my music but other (Doom/FDoom) still play original by Aubrey Hodges?

give your intermission music a different name like LstInter or somthing
then add InterMusic = "LstInter" to the AddDefaultMap definition in the zmapinfo file.

don't bother with a new titlemap, if you use this version of the TC v2.135beta you can pick your tile screen with the customizer tool
if you want the lostlevels title to be displayed as default include the ASC from PSXTITL3.PK3 in the mods folder in your PSXLOST build. However it will only work with the 2.135beta.

Use this for tc version 2.134 or older
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9h8t9k6856i0kp/PSXLOST.pk3
It rotates between the lost levels title screen and the original.
For future versions of the main TC the maps/titlemap.wad must be deleted.
if you don't want the lost levels title screen to be displayed first delete the two PSXTITLE form the ACS folder.

Sorry I'm too old for this, I don't use customizer tool (only bat files, only hardcore variants).

So, PSXLOST.pk3 you posted - is the last now? Based on my last uploaded build?

P.S.: About music - ok, thanks, I'll try it

I'll add him to Credits line. But only tomorrow. And I'll reupload build AGAIN, lol.

P.S.: Do you know that in the end of this week we'll get the 3rd Anniversary of project development?