Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Supplice - Out now on Steam!

On 8/15/2021 at 3:16 AM, Rudolph said:

I enjoyed Back to Saturn X, so it is nice to see a game that shares its aesthetics.

Isn't it closer to Ion Maiden?

3 hours ago, VGA said:

Obviously for the art style, what with having the same artist.

But overall atmosphere is closer to BtSX than to Ion Fury. From what we've seen, Supplice goes for the same abstracted techbase as is typical of Doom projects, even high-quality ones like BtSX; while Ion Fury went with the typical Build style realistic urban environment.

9 hours ago, VGA said:

Honestly, the comparison to Ion Fury never occurred to me. Even the arsenal does not look like anything from Ion Fury.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:23 AM, Dragonfly said:

I for one think Supplice holds a very strong identity of its own and needn't be compared. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure... but considering Cage worked on both games and has a very distinct style, I think it's compeltely fair to say the world of supplice has a similar feel to Ion Fury.

1 hour ago, Scuba Steve said:

I tendered my resignation at work so I can get home sooner to play supplice.

Seriously? :o

I'm mesmerized by the art and music in the demo. I don't see this not becoming as big as Ion Fury - top class. It will surely bring in many new fans of Doom. I noticed some fast enemies, something I lacked in Prodeus. Thanks for adjusting the HUD for lower resolutions. The demo totally convinced me. Will have to buy it.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, will there be some sort of possibility to play custom maps in Supplice?

Edited by game

21 minutes ago, game said:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, will there be some sort of possibility to play custom maps in Supplice?

We're planning to have a modding/mapping support in the released game. :)

3 minutes ago, Cage said:

We're planning to have a modding/mapping support in the released game. :)

Will the Supplice demo also be on GOG at any point as well?

I do not know if it is due to playing on the highest difficulty, but the Lost Soul and Pinky replacements are quite challenging!

In fact, in terms of behavior, it seems like the former is a mix between the Heretic Imp (both the melee and the ranged ones) while the latter is like Quake's Fiend! :o

Thanks for the kind words as always guys!  If you have any feedback or find any bugs, please be sure to let us know :)

5 hours ago, Master O said:

Will the Supplice demo also be on GOG at any point as well?

This particular demo is Steam-only.  I'm not sure what the future will hold as far as GoG is concerned, but its not outside the realm of possibility.

Played through the demo and had an awesome time, great job to everyone involved in making this!  I wish-listed it on Steam.

Next to the exit in Outpost Romeda you have a pillar with a switch and afterwards you have to go around and press an almost invisible switch on the other side. Unless I missed some hint, this will probably give people some annoyance to find.

Playing the same level today I had maybe twice as much fun as yesterday. It's already one of my favourite shooters. 

Played through GZDoom 4.7.0. on MacBook Air M1:
- Great level design
- Gorgeous graphics
- Beautiful music
- Interesting gameplay
Conclusion: I will definitely buy the full version.
Great job! :)

Followed and wishlisted...

I'm amazed and pleased that - every few months - I see another excellent retro FPS popping up! This one passed me by until now :-( Definitely getting this when released.

The asshole-part of me was trying to find something negative to criticize (to get the full release even better), but no, this is just perfect. The game is balanced mixture of good old things from Doom, but so much new, that the changes don't feel like cosmetic only. It feels exactly like a new Doom engine game, that manages to be as fun as Doom. Level design is definite Mechadon quality. I always loved his BTSX-maps and Counterattack, and I'm glad the same feeling has been poured to this. Sprite work is professional and probably best I've seen in a Doom wad/new Doom engine game. There's always risk in making a new guns, that they don't just feel as good as ones from Doom. Gladly this is not a case in here, but all weapons in the demo are very fun to use, and there isn't any "too good" weapon, that would render the others useless. The enemies themselves are also great additions. Not a simple reskins of Doom's monsters, but each having their own twists. I like it that the most have both melee and ranged attacks, which makes them more unpredictable. As for their theme themselves, I think it's great. The monsters feel like they are from same universe and not just collection of demons, aliens and other weird creatures slapped into same game. Great demo. I've been following this project for a few years, and I'm glad that the experience playing it was as positive, as I was thinking it would be.

Put it on my wishlist. I will buy this day 1.  :)

I see it will have the Scythe 2 and Eviternity structure... Will it feature the two secret maps midway too?

Spoiler

this switch blends too well with the rest of the texture, so easy to miss, spent near 10 minutes mindlessly running around the map thinking i missed something elsewhere

W1Pef4j.png

10 hours ago, Mechadon said:

Thanks for the kind words as always guys!  If you have any feedback or find any bugs, please be sure to let us know :)

This particular demo is Steam-only.  I'm not sure what the future will hold as far as GoG is concerned, but its not outside the realm of possibility.

I only ask because many recently made retro-styled FPS-es have made it to GOG as well, like Ion Fury, Amid Evil, Wrath: Aeon of Ruin, Prodeus, etc...

Edited by Master O

Managed to peel myself away from Doom today and gave the demo a spin. The second level, I got a bit lost and frustrated, so here's my playthrough of the first one, which was a lot of fun :^)

My only real complaint is the enemy colour palette tends to make them blend into the background of the map's colours, which makes them a little hard to make out at times. Otherwise, this is looking so damn good and I look forward to the full release. Congratulations to Mechadon and the rest of the Supplice team. I wish this game all the success in the world.