Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Supplice - Out now on Steam!

Awesome. Is the mod still being advertised as a Doom mod? The wording on the Twitter page appears that it might be going standalone or marketed as its own game. Nonetheless, I can’t wait for its release!

Just so you know, I would totally buy and support your guys' work. Mechadon is an incredible mapper and Cage's art is always fantastic!

Seconded; and honestly given how it doesn't look like it uses any stock doom assets at this point, it would be an incredible missed opportunity imho.

They certainly have the talent to make it a standalone commercial game -- and I would absolutely buy it too -- although last I checked, most of the monster sprites were still based on Doom or D64 ones.

I’d buy anything Mechadon is mapping for honestly, not to mention Cage working on the project too? I’d throw money at it easily, no questions asked.

Yeah the Twitter certainly did give it away :D it seems like I’m hearing more and more about games being built with GZDoom and sold these days, which honestly is a good thing.

There was a point in time where modding for Doom was purely just a hobby and would very seldom make you money (and this applied to even the most talented mappers and modders), but now GZDoom seems to be opening up the doors for profit to be made and reward the people that have spent hours working with the game.

my only complaint is I have to wait even longer for a release :P

I have a question in regards of what you have pointed out on possible extra stuff:
while the project going full stand alone means that the modding resource pack will probably become very possible, will the others such as the boom/vanilla and (now to be renamed zdoom) texture pack and the weapon mod still being possible?

While i do think it is on the realm of actually happening (especially the weapon mod), getting confirmation wouldn't really hurt.

17 hours ago, Artman2004 said:

Do we need to pay for this?

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you just yet.

5 hours ago, Redead-ITA said:

I have a question in regards of what you have pointed out on possible extra stuff:
while the project going full stand alone means that the modding resource pack will probably become very possible, will the others such as the boom/vanilla and (now to be renamed zdoom) texture pack and the weapon mod still being possible?

While i do think it is on the realm of actually happening (especially the weapon mod), getting confirmation wouldn't really hurt.

Things have been sort of a whirlwind lately, so I can't give definite answers just yet.  But I will say that a modding resource is something that I absolutely want to do at the very least.  We want people to be able to make their own maps and mods for this, it would be a huge waste of potential to ignore that.

A Boom-compat resource is maybe less likely now.  Same goes for a standalone weapon mod, monster mod, etc.  I would like to do it, but things are just too up-in-the-air at the moment to give a clear answer.

23 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

A brand new Doom engine style game with a modern take ala Ion Fury with modern BUILD is exactly what I've wanted to see!

Would be neat to see, but we have to consider that aside from a lot of texture changes to remove any sort of reference to doom(mostly the Uac words and whatnot) it would also cost mostly by the monsters design, which for the most part reassemble a lot the doom (and 64) (not counting the unique monsters like the floating mouth and the drones), so unless say Bethesda and/or Id software would be cool with it, there is going to be a lot of waiting.

3D Realms/New Blood should totally pick this up or make a Realms Deep: Winter Edition where this game spearheads the crowd.

Seriously, it looks so ace, and of all the standalone Doom engine games in development, this is probably the most refined of em all. The Doom counterpart of Ion Fury, except this is more awesome because.. Mechadon is making it (Sorry Ion Fury!)

I'm as excited for this as for Age Of Hell! Wishing you best luck with this project.

Supplice is a French word that means torture, anguish. But apparently there were also some uses of this word in English meaning "punishment".

2021-07-06_114047.jpg.7df98d9fe62d13569e5d16ce77ee04ec.jpg

Will you have good cover art like Wrath and Ion Fury? I admit I'd even buy a trash game if it has a stylish cover. On the other hand I don't understand why developers neglect making a good cover, or making one at all. For many titles I had to cobble something together myself to add them to my cover art collection.

Supplice isn't dormant, they tweeted a gameplay fragment on Friday.

46 minutes ago, Mechadon said:

And here's a DB shot for anyone interested in that stuff.

Hub 1: The Seven Layers of Portals

This is looking beyond exceptional! Amazing shots; if the gameplay's even a tenth as good as the scenery is, we're in for one hell of a ride.

now those are some sexy screenshots. gahhhdamnnnn. please just take my money already. xD

2022! That's a nice surprise. I was thinking this would be still years away. Gameplay looks very enjoyable. Definitely will be buying this.