Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Supplice - Out now on Steam!

Ah thanks a ton for the heads-up jerrysheppy.  We had some issues with our domain a while back and ended up losing it.  I had forgotten all about scrubbing the link from here and in other places.  I'll get it removed right now.

Anywho, this coming year should be a good one as far as Supplice mapping goes.  If everything goes well, I'm planning on hitting the mapping front hard.  So expect to see more of that stuff :)

I've probably already said something like this before but if not, this is easily among my most 'must play' projects I'm keeping an eye on. Just wonderful texture, sprite and mapping work, and a very nice palette.

This is definitely the WAD I'm most looking forward to in 2018.  Looks so damn good! 

Maybe you should release it episodically? Since it's in episodes already, huh?

Sorry for not responding to your question sooner VGA.  I've been mega burned out lately and I just kinda forgot.

Anyways, we could possibly release episodes individually.  That wasn't my plan from the start though, and the mapping side of the development isn't being done in a way that would make it easy.  I'm sorta doing whatever theme suits my fancy at any given time.  Sometimes we'll want to try out a certain subset of textures that are being worked on for a particular theme too.  So in other words, the maps aren't being made in a linear fashion that lines up with the episodes.

Of course I won't rule it out.  We've still got a long way to go, so we'll see how things look once more of the mapping is complete.

By the way, for anyone wondering, this definitely won't be done in 2018, sorry!  I do have plans to get really serious with the mapping this year.  So I hope to have some stuff to share with you guys sometime soon.

Am I seeing things or are those blue err... pinky demons actually shoot projectiles at you?

18 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Am I seeing things or are those blue err... pinky demons actually shoot projectiles at you?

They do! :)

53 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

This means it will be Zdoom compatible, not Prboom?

Yes:

On mercredi 28 novembre 2012 at 7:32 PM, Mechadon said:
  • We’re using ZDoom as our engine (with Zandronum compatibility for multiplayer stuff). GZDoom support/enhancements are also planned. Eternity compatibility might be possible, but its not a priority at this time.

The website still talks about Boom-compatible, but it just means it hasn't been updated. There used to be a blog with a post that explained the move, but it got hacked by robots and was taken down, IIRC.

9 hours ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

This means it will be Zdoom compatible, not Prboom?

Gez already answered this, but I should probably clarify a bit further.  The information in the OP is kinda out of date now, and I just haven't had the time to come back and edit it properly (too busy with D64D2 right now).

We recently moved away from Zandronum compatibility and into GZDoom-only (it will still be compatible with the software renderer).  Trying to get everything compatible with Zandro was turning to a nightmare, so we dropped it.  If Zandro ever catches up to where GZDoom is at around the time of release, then maybe we'll go back and try to get it working again there.  That does mean that the DM-side of the project is in jeopardy, but I've considered making a Zandro-friendly version of the resources just for the DM pack (if that ever gets off the ground).  COOP is another story and that really depends on Zandro coming up to parity with GZDoom.  I have no idea if/when this will happen because I don't keep up with Zandro's progress these days.

There's still a chance that we'll have an Eternity version of the project to present too.  But this probably won't happen until the main version is finished.

Sometime in the near future, I'll be sure to update the information in the first post of the thread.  Cage was also dabbling with a custom website for the project a while back, so that might be a thing at some point too.

this is looking very pretty and I would be very happy if I were allowed to be part of this beautiful project :) I love the design of maps but I have a question that made me curious, let's say if you finished the wad couple of times and want to try out the weapons in other custom megawads can you? is this total conversion mod?