Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Supplice - Out now on Steam!

On 7/30/2018 at 2:04 AM, Suleyman said:

this is looking very pretty and I would be very happy if I were allowed to be part of this beautiful project :) I love the design of maps but I have a question that made me curious, let's say if you finished the wad couple of times and want to try out the weapons in other custom megawads can you? is this total conversion mod?

Yea this is a total conversion.  Right now I don't have an answer to your question.  But I'll say that it would be cool to have a separate mod that's just the weapons or something of that nature.  I don't know if that will happen but it's something we might try :)

@Mechadon Those are some epic levels of what seems like massive scale. On average, how much time does a playthrough of a map of this size take?

Hmm, good question.  This is harder to answer because Supplice has lots of changes and additions compared to your average Doom stuff.  Cryoferron is probably on the same scale as MAP02 from Counterattack, and that map takes maybe 20-30ish minutes on average.  It depends on the player, the difficulty level chosen, and so on.

There probably won't be any Vela Pax sized maps in this; the largest will likely push past 45 minutes of play time.  But I would really like to keep the average map play time between 5-15 minutes if possible.

Man, this looks SO awesome and promising.

Really looking forward to this.

New clip of minigun turret in action!

If you want to help us out, please RT to spread the word about this project, thanks!

Very curious on how this tactical piece of armament going to get implemented in the game, given how fluid @Mechadon's layouts are, regardless it works wonders on the gif. By the way every bit of teaser in this thread is just astonishing, definetely deserves more attention!

This is actually the Minigun's alt-fire mode.  What happens is that when you press alt-fire, the Minigun gets removed from your inventory and tossed onto the ground as a turret (along with a chunk of ammo).  It'll then auto target enemies and fire away until it either runs out of ammo, gets destroyed, or is picked back up by the player (you pick it up by bumping into it).  If there are multiple Miniguns on the map available to pick up, you can actually have a little army of them helping you out (which is a design I want to play around with).

We're also thinking about having them be enemies in certain settings too.

So, if you have two minigun pickups, you can pick one, set it as a turret, then pick the other, and set it as a turret also.

But if you pick them both for ammo, then you can set up only one turret?

Yup that's how it would work.  If I try to design a fight around using multiple Minigun turrets, I'll have to try and present it in a way that the player knows what to do (maybe with some specific sign texture or something).

Is this project still ongoing?

I surely hope so since I've been literally watching from a distance now for years.

Yeah look there's posts from only months ago before yours showing off the cool stuff they're working on :)

it's not uncommon to not see updates on some active projects for many months so I wouldn't worry, though it would be nice to see this out in 2019 along with the litany of other big projects that have seen updates just recently :)

The project is still on, Ion Maiden is on its final stretch though, so that takes pretty much all of my attention.

As much as I hope we'll be able to make significant Supplice developments in 2019, I can't promise anything. It's developed only when we have free time and project of this scale requires a lot of work. Last significant hiatus happened around 2015-2016, it's chugging along slowly since then.

Yea sorry for the lack of updates.  Cage pretty much filled in the status of the project.  I've been extra preoccupied the past few months, and there's been some back-end stuff I'm working on (organization stuff, nothing particularly interesting).

I did finish up two more DM maps since my last post, and I'm planning on posting some screenshots of them soon.  I need to redo the OP at some point and I was waiting until I had time to do that before posting them.

Rest assured we're still working on it though.  My mapping plate is more or less cleared up this year, so I'll be working almost exclusively on this when I get the time :)

On 9/24/2018 at 6:15 PM, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Ah, I see. So it is more or less like the Laptop Gun's secondary mode in Perfect Dark?

Sorry for the belated answer here, heh.  But yea, it functions in a similar way.

21 hours ago, VGA said:

https://3drealms.com/team/

Spot the Cage!

:D

Attaboy! I am reluctant to buy Ion Maiden in its current state, as the last Early Access game I supported was Wrack and it did not turn out quite as well as I thought it would, but I admit I am still very intrigued nonetheless and I might just give it a shot once it goes gold, especially if it manages to avoid the shortcomings of Duke Nukem 3D and other Build games.

But has Voidpoint also been helping on Supplice or this is entirely Cage's baby?

What does Voidpoint as a team have to do with Supplice? 

Also, have you tried Ion Maiden's demo? It's great!

2 hours ago, VGA said:

Well, that is basically what I am asking...

Anyway, by Ion Maiden's demo, do you mean the Early Access-exclusive Preview Campaign?

Edited by JohnnyTheWolf

13 hours ago, VGA said:

Exactly nothing :)

I was just saying that IM is something I'm working on too and it requires most of my attention right now. If you want to discuss Ion Maiden, please do so in it's own thread, thanks!

13 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

(...)or this is entirely Cage's baby?

Credit where credit is due: the project has been started by Mechadon, he's still the lead and a huge part of mapping, soundtrack is done by Jimmy, PillowBlaster takes care of the scripting and I'm responsible for the visuals - I guess my work might be a bit more noticeable since it's a part of every screenshot you see, but we're all in this together. :)