Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShotgunZombie23

Possible leaked enemy image/concept

One thing that was consistently good in Doom 3 was the monster design. I have to say, if this is indeed from Doom 4, then one of my worries is off the list. It is frightening, intimidating and original. Just as it should be.

No, it's not from DOOM 4. I don't have time to track down the author but I'm 100% positive it's not from DOOM 4. Kind of reminds me of that Stroggish monster with metal legs, its author added a red DOOM 4 logo and everyone was like "it's from DOOM 4!". I think it dated back to 2005 but even years later people were still posting it, asking if it's really DOOM 4.

Looks awkward to be honest. There's absolutely no indication that it's official. It clashes with the art direction that id Software is consistent with and, beyond the lighting and muscles, it looks amateurish.

Definitely doesn't look like it was done by Id. more likely some scrub who just want some attention. The quality is quite meh.

Mirror, for the lazy: http://i.imgur.com/mqh6z.jpg

Gonna say that this is non-legit as well. It's neat, but it looks like an amateur piece. I can't see an actual video game modeler coming up with this - the polygon budget is horribly inefficient, and it doesn't look skeleton-ready, animation-wise.

I wish there was more than what appears to be an unfinished bust, but it seems neat enough. Kind of a HD3 Hellknight mixed with the shambler and because it's a bust it looks to have massive pink Manc titties, which Doom needs more of.

Would be cooler if the entire head had no eyes, the two black things on each side like a grin instead.

Could be cool as a Doom 4 creature, but I don't think its genuine.

Basing that on....nothing.....just my gut feeling :p

screw it! somebody make a sprite out of it, put it in doom and prance around saying its the doom 4 beta! free dentist appointment to anybody who actually does this!

mrthejoshmon said:

free dentist appointment to anybody who actually does this!

Oh yay..

I don't like the model. I agree completely with what GoatLord said. Regarding monster design, I felt that the monsters were just too similar in design. They were good don't get me wrong, but I knew there was a problem when I mistook an Arch-Vile for an Imp.
Wasn't the nicest surprise when it was still standing after 2 shotgun blasts.

I think actually going back to original designs is probably the best idea. I don't mind if they recolour, but the Revenant, Forgotten One/Lost Soul and Mancubus were the only enemies from the original games that looked anything like their original counterparts, and that's a shame really.

Eris Falling said:

Oh yay..

I don't like the model. I agree completely with what GoatLord said. Regarding monster design, I felt that the monsters were just too similar in design. They were good don't get me wrong, but I knew there was a problem when I mistook an Arch-Vile for an Imp.
Wasn't the nicest surprise when it was still standing after 2 shotgun blasts.

I think actually going back to original designs is probably the best idea. I don't mind if they recolour, but the Revenant, Forgotten One/Lost Soul and Mancubus were the only enemies from the original games that looked anything like their original counterparts, and that's a shame really.

yeah, sorry that was an un-godly amount of sarcasm I was using about the dentist appointment and was a plea not to do it :(