Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gingercat

Need a coop wad with LOTS of enemies...

A few years ago maybe I had some maps that were filled with 1k+ monsters, massive fun to rampage through with a few friends in coop (or a deathmatch mode that respawns weaps - "deathop" maybe?) but I can't remember the name of them...

Will be using latest PrBoom+ and Hamachi on 50Mb down / 20Mb up fibre connections, so lag shouldn't be a major issue (and if it is, we'll LAN it oldskool style with gigabit Ethernet). Just need maps that we're gonna have lots and lots of monsters to get hilariously killed by (laughing at the misfortune of friends is a sign of caring right?)

Does anyone know of any suitable maps? Advice appreciated :)

Rizera said:

Holy Hell v1.5 is just a modified Holy Hell MAP05, which will be hard as hell!

Interesting, where'd this come from? It seems as though a lot of the fights have been completely reworked.

Ribbiks said:

Interesting, where'd this come from? It seems as though a lot of the fights have been completely reworked.

I don't know the author also, this is an "old" coop wad which has been around for a while but afaik, author never showed up or gave props to the original author.

Sunder, Hell Revealed 1/2 and Alien Vendetta come to mind

Some of the later maps may not have 1,000 or so but they are very challenging.

Deus Vult and Deus Vult 2 come to my mind when it comes to maps with a whole bunch of enemies.

Holy Hell 1.5 didn't seem to want to cooperate (will mess with it a bit more later), but Deus Vult was a lot of fun to give a test drive :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. My friend tried to chainsaw a Cyber... Didn't go well for him, and then I got rocketed from laughing at him too much. Good times!

Some classic zdaemon wads wits lots of monsters:
invasion uac by XSnake
coopbuildlm by Toke
drown in blood by TimeOfDeath, AK-01 and some other guy (?)
dest_unknown by stewboy with some maps by TimeOfDeath (?)

Hmm, I think I remember you saying that you made map12 when we were playing that wad in ZDaemon but I guess you were talking about something else.
By the way, AK-01 got married a few years ago. o_o