Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Raptomex

ScoreDoom connection issue

So I was playing ScoreDoom and was connected to the hi-score server with no problems. I downloaded the latest version thinking I was outdated (which I later found I wasn't) and when I began to play again it said I wasn't connected and it says "the current version isn't supported". I tried putting it in a new directory and running it, same problem. Not sure what else I can do. Server url is http://www.scoredoom.com. I didn't touch the URL. It was defaulted there. Player setup has my username. Whether I enter my pwd or not it does not connect. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,
The version with the bonus pack is not compatible with hi score server. I still need to add it when I get time. The bonus pack content is not compatible with the hi score server at all.

I have 2 downloads for gzscoredoom:
http://scoredoom.com/download.html#top

So if you want to play with the hi score server, just use the older version.
The only change to the gzscoredoom.exe for the bonus pack is a dmflag to turn off the alt-fire modes.

BilboHicks said:

Hi,
The version with the bonus pack is not compatible with hi score server. I still need to add it when I get time. The bonus pack content is not compatible with the hi score server at all.

I have 2 downloads for gzscoredoom:
http://scoredoom.com/download.html#top

So if you want to play with the hi score server, just use the older version.
The only change to the gzscoredoom.exe for the bonus pack is a dmflag to turn off the alt-fire modes.

Ok so 3.0 r4 isn't compatible at all? Even without the add-on pack?

Raptomex said:

Ok so 3.0 r4 isn't compatible at all? Even without the add-on pack?

ah, sorry. I should of incremented the bonus pack version to r5. There are two r4's out there, hence the confusion.

Basically, from the download page, use the top link ;-) :

ScoreDoom 3.0 r4 (USE THIS FOR HI SCORE SERVER) (Add-on Pack included)

ScoreDoom 3.0 r4 (BONUS PACK VERSION) (Add-on Pack & Bonus Pack included)

The top download seemed to have worked. I think I originally downloaded the bottom. One more question. Since it does connect, do I put in my user name in "player setup" and password in "scoredoom setup"?

Raptomex said:

The top download seemed to have worked. I think I originally downloaded the bottom. One more question. Since it does connect, do I put in my user name in "player setup" and password in "scoredoom setup"?

yes. Ideally it would be on one page, but never got around to doing a merge.