Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harmata

Official Warhammer games from Creative Assembly

I never had the opportunity to get into Warhammer tabletop games, but I've always been fascinated by it's lore, it's aesthetic and the general appeal. Particularly the 40k universe (when most people speak of "Warhammer" they're usually referring to 40k, right?)

For me, the people behind the Total War series seem qualified to pull off a new Warhammer RTS - assuming that's the direction they're going in - which encompasses all of the coolest stuff. I look forward to assembling Titans and conquering worlds. :)

Bear in mind THQ still hold the 40k game rights so it's probably going to be Warhammer Fantasy rather than 40k, as awesome as 40k: Total Warhammer would be.

I still remember the first Warhammer RTS/RTT games from 1996 (e.g. Shadow of the Hornet Rat), even available on the PSX. Now that I think of it, their fully 3D gameplay was really ahead of its time as a concept (at a time where Warcraft II, C&C Red Alert etc. were all the rage). Too bad they were really complex and hard to play, and never became more than a niche product.

Awww yeah! There's already a Warhammer mod for Medieval 2, but this makes it official.

darknation said:

just heard a new digital version of Space Hulk is coming down the pipe. Which is nice.

Loved that game...It was awesome!