Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Cacoward predictions

Hai, I'm Memfis Teh Prophet, I just looked in the futuer and this is how the Cacoward page looked like:

cchest4
dtwid
winter's fury
cafebrk1
frozen time
skepland
beyond reality
putrefier
combat shock 2
the eye

gaemplay - reelism
dm - 32in24-whatever is the latest
mapper of teh year - lupinx-kassman
mordeth - dts-t

Now you don't have to wait for tomorrow.

In a surprise twist of fate, Back to Saturn X takes all ten awards despite not being released yet (or possibly never having existed at all)!

Mordeth with be Firetop Mountain, as it was in progress since '97, according to the cacoward nomination thread.

Otherwise your listing probably isn't too far off of what I'd expect to see.

Firetop Mountain was on hiatus from 1997 to 2012, I'm not sure that qualifies as long development time. (?)

You've got a lot to learn about futuristic prophecies.

The actual truth about cacowards is that there won't be any because none bothered to write them.

The Eye as in mouldy's single map? It's good, but I don't think it's Cacoward material just yet.

NaturalTvventy said:

It's way better than Frozen Time!

I actually haven't played that one yet. I'll go do that right now.

BloodyAcid said:

The Eye as in mouldy's single map? It's good, but I don't think it's Cacoward material just yet.

I disagree strongly, and I think mouldy has made a masterpiece and he deserves everything that's coming to him!

Memfis said:

Firetop Mountain was on hiatus from 1997 to 2012, I'm not sure that qualifies as long development time. (?)

^This... it's mostly all '12, unless churning over in my subconciousness whist not even thinking about Doom for a decade counts as development time ;)

BTW, how about a prediction of when the Cacowards will be online? It's the 10th in Oz already at 7am in the morning... what time do these suckers usually appear?

glenzinho said:

^This... it's mostly all '12, unless churning over in my subconciousness whist not even thinking about Doom for a decade counts as development time ;)

But then again "1994 Tune-Up" got an award previous year so who knows. :)

Compared to DTS-T, Firetop Mountain would be a poor choice for the Mordeth (sorry glen :P ) since the former actually represents the long development time in its mapping, given that the maps slowly transition from really simple newbie maps to more complex n' competent layouts. That's pretty much the spirit of the award, right there.

^ This as well. If the starting year is not the absolute factor, CC4 would have to be in contention for the Mordeth as well with its well documented development struggles.

Cchest4
Beyond Reality
dtwid
and skepland are four I would bank on.

DM would go to either 32in24-12 or Velocity CTF or as I call them, "the only two new DM sets I have played this year."

Mordeth WILL go to cchest4. It has all the calling signs of a mordeth.

Mapper of the year should go to kassman, on grounds of cchest4 20 and 21 alone. But the award tends to go out to people with work in more than one high profile wad. I'm leaning towards valkiriforce or maybe Khorus. Both of them had some very good stuff this year.

Mockaward will make a return for Call of Dooty.

Best mod: I have no idea.

Hmm, true - Action Doom II lost out on the Mordeth award because it just popped up one day, which is pretty much what DTS-T and Firetop Mountain have done. There certainly hasn't been the protracted public development that CC4 had (I can't imagine many projects have had a general appeal to kick-finish development after 4 years!)

TheMionicDonut said:

Mockaward will make a return for Call of Dooty.

I second the return of the mockward, because, as opposed to a cliche badly detailed unplayable jokewad or one of those 20,000 levels spamwads, Call of Dooty and its sequel were clever, funny, and even a bit topical.

DTST should get the mordeth award, or at least some mention as its final episode is pretty amazing.

Otherwise, most of the candidates listed for the predication seem accurate, unless Back to Saturn X is secretly going to drop soon Turbo Charged arcade 2 style. (not likely sadly).

It's way better than Frozen Time!

Likewise...they're good single maps but not really memorable enough for an award, just like Dripfeed wasn't a couple of years back. (unlike Arcadia from the same year which was due to it's layout and ammo balance)

There's been plenty of more memorable stuff this year like Beyond Reality and DTS-T but I don't think either of those will win because they're too unconventional, and the former isn't brimming with detail. (also Frozen Time was made by Eternal, so it wins automatically)

Obsidian said:

I don't see Call of Dooty in there...

I think the mockaward will return, just for this wad ;)

glenzinho said:

BTW, how about a prediction of when the Cacowards will be online? It's the 10th in Oz already at 7am in the morning... what time do these suckers usually appear?

What he said. I'm new to all this. Should I just go to sleep and hope that it's up tomorrow afternoon?

My prediction is that we'll be improvising the Cacowards about this time tomorrow in a forum thread.

TheShadsy said:

Should I just go to sleep and hope that it's up tomorrow afternoon?

Yes.

Everybody seems to be interested in these "Cacoward" thingies, but truth be told, I'm only in it for the cake.

This stuff is usually on western hemisphere time, and doom was released on western hemisphere time anyway.

That said, unfortunately the person who was put in charge of these decided to be done with doom without actually handing anything off. Normally it's a case of finding someone to post them, but they're always written and ready to go by a deadline. Chances are GreyGhost is more accurate than I would like to admit. We may not have a proper cacowards this year...

I nominate Brandon D. Lade to be in charge of Cacowards.

If he hasn't been driven away by being banned constantly, that is.

I cannot imagine this community failing to create a Cacowards, especially given the quality of work put out this year.

He... seriously, he just dropped everything and vanished?! Come on, there were legitimately a couple hundred people relying on him! Handing things off was the least he could do!

There should be a fiscal cliff-type fail-safe that automatically gives every Cacoward to Doomguy's Warzone if nobody comes through.

TheShadsy said:

There should be a fiscal cliff-type fail-safe that automatically gives every Cacoward to Doomguy's Warzone if nobody comes through.

The awards are subsequently named the pain elemental awards........

The Mayans predicted long ago that the world would end shortly after Cacowards would no longer be celebrated.

cannonball said:

The awards are subsequently named the pain elemental awards........

I'll take the baton...

Potential Joke Cacoward Titles

Zombieward
Sergeant Award
Commandoward
Impoward
Demoward
Spectaward
Cacoward
Lost Award // this!
Pain Elementaward
Hell Award