Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Cacoward predictions

IF we must, pick up the volunteer(s) now. Least make it before next year hits on calendar. 2012 WADs shouldn't be left unawarded. :P

We are sure that Hobbs has just given up on Doom and abandoned his responsibilities? He's not dead or anything?

I am genuinely sad that when I pointed my browser to Doomworld this evening I was not greeted with the latest Cacowards... Gentlemen, I wait with baited breath!

esselfortium said:

kmxexii, st.alfonzo, and Xaser should be contracted to write the Cacowards.

It depends on whether they have played all the wads nominated IMO.... but there's nothing wrong with strapping them to a chair and forcing them to play through everything in one sitting.. what's the worst that can happen? Xaser will be scarred for life, I can live with that.

Foodles said:

We are sure that Hobbs has just given up on Doom and abandoned his responsibilities? He's not dead or anything?

Does anyone even got stable contact with him? Seems people ain't that too good pals with Hobbs...

esselfortium said:

I second them. If they accept this honor. :P

sounds like a good plan has been drawn out. And with the people suggested we know the cacowards are in safe hands.

CorSair said:

Least make it before next year hits on calendar.

Because no award ceremony ever takes place after the year has ended.

DeathevokatioN said:

And I second the idea of taking time to make them interesting instead of rushing them out.

Ditto. I'd prefer a delayed but coherent Cacowards to one that's obviously been rushed to meet a deadline.

UACeed said:

Gentlemen, I wait with bated breath!

FTFY </grammar nazi>

lupinx-kassman deserves Mapper of the year. His two maps in CC4 were among the best maps I ever have played. I hope to see more maps of similar nature. The first one reminded me of TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (the year 2020 with the first Krang fight) and the Shaman's Device reminded me of the Death Egg level in Sonic & Knuckles.

I was a lil' sad to see no Caco's after logging in for the first time in almost a week (my poota went f**kin' BANG! and is still being repaired) but I'd also rather see a late awards ceremony than a rushed one and I also hope that the nominations list isn't used in any way to determine the winners. It was compiled to recognise people's recommended WADs of the year, much like my Cacoward "non-winners" thread.

Either way, I hope that there's some kind of "best-of-the-rest" section (rather than just 2 runners-up) to give a mention to some of the non-award winning wads on that list...just to show the full range of quality wads from the year. (after all, there isn't enough room in the 10 for all of them plus it's where new people go first for wad suggestions)

kmxexii said:

If you want any blurbs, I can write them for any WAD on my reviewed list (different style of course). I haven't touched Doom for a month or so but after slamming through some of the games on my Steam backlog I'm feeling refreshed.

Cool, you're still alive. :)

esselfortium said:

Fourthed.

esselfortium said:

I'll drink to that. :)

If we are drafted, we should probably form our electronic cabal before too long (before I go back on twelves).

Oh, danke! Dankeschön! I'm honoured by the suggestion :]

Yes, I've hobbled my way through most of the releases nominated this year and then some, so I suppose I could have a crack at it alongside kmxexii and his eminence the Xaser. Stick me in a dark room with an IRC client and we'll see what horned and golden trinkets can be forged!

...But would it not remain for Hobbs to renounce his duty or otherwise not show up before a set date? I do otherwise feel as though I'm interloping on holy ground...!

st.alfonzo said:

...But would it not remain for Hobbs to renounce his duty or otherwise not show up before a set date? I do otherwise feel as though I'm interloping on holy ground...!

I think most would agree on Doom's birthday being an appropriate no-show date. As for renouncing, Hobbs'll do that readily enough when the death squad lunch mob search party locates him.

GreyGhost said:

I think most would agree on Doom's birthday being an appropriate no-show date. As for renouncing, Hobbs'll do that readily enough when the death squad lunch mob search party locates him.

I like lunch mobs. Instead of lynching you, they bring you free food.

esselfortium said:

Either that or find a way to draft Scuba out of retirement.

Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

I think the Cacowards 9 pic should make some joke about the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse.

Seconded. Maybe if possible, the Cacowards could be ON the 21st

Eris Falling said:

Maybe if possible, the Cacowards could be ON the 21st

That's the best idea ever! Absolutely seconded! The first Doom's day failed, but fortunately we have a backup Doomsday this year. :D

Deathmatcher said:

That's the best idea ever! Absolutely seconded! The first Doom's day failed, but fortunately we have a backup Doomsday this year. :D

Thirded.