Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X E1: we love fixing bugs

7 hours ago, guitardz said:

Apparently I am somehow running v1.1.2  No idea where I grabbed that from online, this is probably the issue then?

Hopefully so! Thanks for reporting it in any case, and fingers crossed that the current version fixes it.

Hello folks. First: Thanks for this wonderful WAD set. I'm really enjoying what I've played so far.

However, I've noticed save buffer overflows on Vanilla/Chocolate Doom in a couple maps, and I haven't see any mention of this by searching this thread. Is this a known issue, or am I just crazy? Is everyone else just too talented to need to save mid-level?

So far I've noticed this on MAP01 and MAP06 (which is where I've stopped for the time being). I guess I can play with a different source port, but I enjoy using my Retro PC when I can.

1 hour ago, zerker said:

Hello folks. First: Thanks for this wonderful WAD set. I'm really enjoying what I've played so far.

However, I've noticed save buffer overflows on Vanilla/Chocolate Doom in a couple maps, and I haven't see any mention of this by searching this thread. Is this a known issue, or am I just crazy? Is everyone else just too talented to need to save mid-level?

So far I've noticed this on MAP01 and MAP06 (which is where I've stopped for the time being). I guess I can play with a different source port, but I enjoy using my Retro PC when I can.

Save game buffer overflows are sadly a problem the team cant fix(at least for the time being) :(

Thanks for the reply. I did locate Doom+ after posting about the issue, which works well for my use case. However, since the WAD does advertise compatibility with Vanilla doom, it should probably mention this in the readme file, no?

I had to go back and check the textfile because I could've sworn the warning was there... Oops, you're right! The issue was discussed quite a few times over the years so I guess we collectively started taking it for granted that everyone knows. Basically the savegame buffer is so restrictive that certain maps aren't anywhere near it and would have to be butchered considerably, so we abandoned that goal altogether. BtSX is saveless by design with the vanilla executable, sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello, not sure if this is the place to ask. In map 7 and map 9 there are two invisible pinkys that are also invulnerable to any weapon. Is this a bug or by design? what is the player supposed to do, besides avoiding?

Posted (edited)

Huh. Can they be damaged by explosions though? Similar to this: 

Also I neglected to ask what port you're playing in.