Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X E1: 1.1.6 bugfix

7 hours ago, guitardz said:

Apparently I am somehow running v1.1.2  No idea where I grabbed that from online, this is probably the issue then?

Hopefully so! Thanks for reporting it in any case, and fingers crossed that the current version fixes it.

Hello folks. First: Thanks for this wonderful WAD set. I'm really enjoying what I've played so far.

However, I've noticed save buffer overflows on Vanilla/Chocolate Doom in a couple maps, and I haven't see any mention of this by searching this thread. Is this a known issue, or am I just crazy? Is everyone else just too talented to need to save mid-level?

So far I've noticed this on MAP01 and MAP06 (which is where I've stopped for the time being). I guess I can play with a different source port, but I enjoy using my Retro PC when I can.

1 hour ago, zerker said:

Hello folks. First: Thanks for this wonderful WAD set. I'm really enjoying what I've played so far.

However, I've noticed save buffer overflows on Vanilla/Chocolate Doom in a couple maps, and I haven't see any mention of this by searching this thread. Is this a known issue, or am I just crazy? Is everyone else just too talented to need to save mid-level?

So far I've noticed this on MAP01 and MAP06 (which is where I've stopped for the time being). I guess I can play with a different source port, but I enjoy using my Retro PC when I can.

Save game buffer overflows are sadly a problem the team cant fix(at least for the time being) :(

Thanks for the reply. I did locate Doom+ after posting about the issue, which works well for my use case. However, since the WAD does advertise compatibility with Vanilla doom, it should probably mention this in the readme file, no?

I had to go back and check the textfile because I could've sworn the warning was there... Oops, you're right! The issue was discussed quite a few times over the years so I guess we collectively started taking it for granted that everyone knows. Basically the savegame buffer is so restrictive that certain maps aren't anywhere near it and would have to be butchered considerably, so we abandoned that goal altogether. BtSX is saveless by design with the vanilla executable, sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello, not sure if this is the place to ask. In map 7 and map 9 there are two invisible pinkys that are also invulnerable to any weapon. Is this a bug or by design? what is the player supposed to do, besides avoiding?

Huh. Can they be damaged by explosions though? Similar to this: 

Also I neglected to ask what port you're playing in.

Who else started singing as soon as the map06 music came on?

I call and I call just to make things right

Have I lost the fight where were you last night

I beg and I cry I keep asking why

Where were you last night where were you last night

quality necrobump :^)

edit: since this post is useless otherwise i'll just say that I love the BTSX team for producing 2 of my top 5 favorite WADs that I go back to replay multiple times every year, and i'm super hyped for E3 and whatever else you guys have down the pipeline. I didn't mean to reply to this to stir the pot, it was just an off-the-cuff remark.

Edited by bioshockfan90

love the asthetic. it reminds me of quake 2

On 6/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, TheMightyHeracross said:

A few years ago this is where you'd say something witty before being taken to Post Hell :P

dont get it

44 minutes ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

when the hell BTSX episode 3 is coming out

It needs to start from hell episode 1 but meanwhile you can have a cup of linden tea and relax, it'll be done when it'll be done (:

18 hours ago, D4RKP1G said:

Can I get the mid files of this wad?

Sure can, just download the WAD, pull it up in SLADE3, and export the music files. (If they're in MUS format, use the Convert To MIDI function first.)

9 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

Sure can, just download the WAD, pull it up in SLADE3, and export the music files. (If they're in MUS format, use the Convert To MIDI function first.)

Hate to say I'm mobile •—•

Edited by D4RKP1G

Um......so: something isn't right......

The monsters and items look fine!! But all of the wall textures are checked......?

What gives??

Even the green plasma looks fine..........

Walls and floors........blue and white checks......

I don't think I loaded something right??

Sounds like you only loaded btsx_e1a.wad, the resources are in btsx_e1b.wad and you need to load both.

Okey dokey......fair enough.....and I see both WADs.

Not quite sure how to 'load' 2 wads, though??

I've associated all WADs with GZ Doom and it pops up a dialogue box, asking if I want to load things in Ultimate Doom or Doom II

I've purchased both Ultimate Doom and Doom II at Good Old Games. 

Select both files, and drag-and-drop them both on GZDoom. In the dialogue box, select Doom II.

2 hours ago, esselfortium said:

from "Runoff Fat From The Skygrill" to "Christmas Golf Asphyxiation".

This is some peak Xaser. 

2 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

This is some peak Xaser. 

Those two are from st.alfonzo and TalkToTransformer, respectively :p