Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plut

Whitemare demopack [-complevel 2]

Well, I decided to make UV-Max demos for Whitemare, which would be shown as the fastests in DSDA tables( http://doomedsda.us/wad1539.html ). Any other demos of any category are allowed. Everyone can participate in project.

Progress:
MAP01 - blob1024 - 5:47 - download
MAP02 - blob1024 - 5:26 - download
MAP03 - Zahid - 5:40 - download
MAP04 - blob1024 - 4:22 - download
MAP05 - Zahid - 4:56 - download
MAP06 - Plut - 3:35 - download
MAP07 - NoobBait - 0:34 - download
MAP08 - j4rio - 17:30 - download
MAP09 - Zahid - 1:53 - download
MAP10 - NoobBait - 0:32 - download
MAP11 - Zahid - 10:47 - download
MAP12 - Ancalagon - 3:56 - download
MAP13 - blob1024 - 6:19 - download
MAP14 - Ancalagon - 5:45 - download
MAP15 - blob1024 - 14:48 - download
MAP16 - blob1024 - 1:58 - download
MAP31 - blob1024 - 1:44 - download
MAP32 - Rizera - 3:22 - download

Misc:
MAP31 - Pacifist by Ribbiks - 1:36 - download
MAP10 - UV-Speed by PurpleMenace - 0:18 -download
MAP02 - UV-Speed by PurpleMenace - 1:19 -download
MAP15 - UV-Speed by NoobBait - 0:43 - download

Hey, I like the idea of making a Whitemare demopack at this time of the year! :) I'm going to max MAP08 first. Just saying that so other people don't waste their time (that map is huge). But of course anyone is free to max it too if they want.

btw I made some attempts at MAP11 UV-Max in 2011 but I think I got bored of that map's symmetrical nature because I only found this failed demo:

wh11-heh.zip

map02 uv-max 05:54**

wow, ammo anywhere please.. first exit, second recording attempt, and thats clear how clueless I am on ammo disposition here lol (too bad cus the battle with AV and the the crowd there went AWESOMELY i guess)

wm02-554.zip

Ribbiks said:

here's the least exciting contribution: map 31 uv speed/max/pacifist/whatever in 1:36

3 seconds faster than the my previous time on the dsda -.-

Thats awesome actually:) smooth and fast...you may apply nightmare settings here to sound exiting;)

blob1024 said:

lol how much health does he have?...

I took a look in the dehacked patch and it's 10,000 HP, which is 2.5 cyberdemons worth of HP.

Plut said:

Ribbiks, you skipped a secret with soulsphere :) .

I was never certain of this, are 100% secrets really required for max-runs? seems kind of pointless. So whatever I'll just call it a uv-speed run then :p

Ribbiks said:

are 100% secrets really required for max-runs?

Yes, UV-Max is demo with 100% kills and secrets.

On map08 how do I get to the secret sector 1471? I've looked in the editor but I still don't get it. I'm starting to think that something is broken here...

2blob: Thanks, I think I can do much better now though. :)

It should be maxable... I attached -nomonsters demo. It also shows how to find the secret.

Oh. And I forgot to tell that map12 should be played with -complevel 9, with -complevel 2 it works incorrectly (the blue key is available from the start). Sorry, this wad wasn't tested very well for compatibility. I promise we'll do a better job with Whitemare 2. (coming soon maybe :) )

wm12secr.zip

I played map 13 a bit, does anyone know why the first door (and another one later on) rarely opens all the way? (see demo)

wm13-fail.zip

News flash: map08 requires -complevel 9 too according to the author...

NoobBait said:

I played map 13 a bit, does anyone know why the first door (and another one later on) rarely opens all the way? (see demo)

Because it's a MM2 MAP07 style door (it's attached to a crusher). As doomwiki says "When the door is opened, its ceiling moves up at a controlled rate to four units below the lowest adjacent ceiling". Since that crusher is moving, the lowest adjacent ceiling is changing.
Not a great thing to put in a map, if you ask me. Maybe it was cool and surprising back in the days but now it's just an annoyance, especially for speedrunners.