Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Doom Turns 19, It's One of "Those" Birthdays

19... many of us don't remember it, some of us aren't even there yet, but regardless Doom finds itself at that age today. It was 19 years ago that a spunky young software company released what would be their second hit and a cornerstone of FPS gaming.

BUT MANC WARES CACOWARDS??

You may have noticed that our recurring feature The Cacowards has not been posted. It turns out our good friend hobbs aka rnemo aka john smitharnooneydooneydo was tasked with managing this sacred tradition. He has unfortunately been scarce on this day of days. There is tale that he appeared on IRC to say he still would have it taken care of, but that was not recent enough to comfort one's worries.

But fear not my FPS fans! There is a plan underway to restore the glory of the Golden Caco. We are not sure when it will arrive, but it will be posted with haste as soon as the materials arrive. Stay tuned!

For some odd reason this reminds me of the "Happy 8th Birthday" card my sister received on her ninth birthday - from her parents.

Sometimes life happens, and in moments like that, backup plans are a beautiful thing. Glad to hear. :)

You may have noticed that our recurring feature The Cacowards has not been posted.

Christmas is ruined :(

This is like that time I spent on my 21st birthday drinking beer while watching The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly... by myself.

You know what? Great, now I'm morbidly depressed.

EDIT: SNAKES SEZ YAY DOOM!

Yay! Tonight is one of those lovely and legit exceptions when I can finally allow myself to play some DOOM for the first time in a whole month, regardless of the fact that I've got an exam to write tomorrow morning.
I love birthdays. It's so fortunate that they exist.

This is disappointing, surely he must have a good reason for not doing this. Sucks that you guys need to start from scratch after he left us high and dry

Xtife said:

This is disappointing, surely he must have a good reason for not doing this.

furiously fapping like a sexually autistic baboon I think.

also death by superaids.

I made a thread with some articles for a few of the Cacoward nominees. I'll try to do as much as possible, but somehow I don't think I can zip through CC4 quick enough to have an article for it. Hopefully it helps. :)

I had kind of forgotten about the Cacowards, or at least that they were posted on the 10th, although I was expecting a new T/nC, which didn't happen either!

GreyGhost said:
For some odd reason this reminds me of the "Happy 8th Birthday" card my sister received on her ninth birthday - from her parents.

Aha, you come from a family of Year 0 believers!

I guess I still feel like a teen because the Doomer in me is 19. These birthdays come faster every year, so today I'll play catch up with DTWID and CC4, for a blast from the past and the future, keep it up Doomguys!

Well before it turned to the 11th here in Mormanville I finished a play-through of Doom Shareware in Dosbox.

Yep, still fun.