Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superrpgman

Finally beat epsode 2 of Doom!

Yesterday I stayed up kinda late since I was in level 7 of episode 2, and I really wanted finish it. It took me a couple hours to figure out where the hell a certain key was that opened the bloody way, but I eventually figured it out.

I was using rockets sparingly the whole episode since I assumed that the last two or so episodes would have a lot of those...um, I'm not sure what the enemies that sorta look like mutated anthropomorphic pigs that shoot green fireballs, and to my surprise, I ran into maybe around 5 of them.

Then episode 8 come up, and then I really regretted saving up so many rockets, since not only does it start you out with a blue armor, but it also gives you more rockets than you're ever need.

The boss himself was quite challenging at first, as I imagine that he killed me around 10 times before I realized that I could hide behind pillars, shoot dodge for about 2 seconds, then repeat. what seemed to make him hard was that it seemed like he had his own version of a rocket launcher, and it killed me within about 2 hits. i eventually hit him with enough rockets though, which I assume where about 25 or so.

BTW, the boss is known as the Cyberdemon, right? There a background storyline behind him by any chance? I assume that he comes back in Doom 2, right?

Anyways, what I got from the text that shows up after you beat the boss is that you were on one of Mars moons, and this time you survived, and you noticed something. Someone actually escaped from Hell (which I assume is Mars) and now you're gonna go to Mars itself to find out what the heck is going on there, and complete the final 8 or 9 levels of the original Doom!

Oh, and in case anyone wants my thoughts on the end of Episode 1, go here. Be warned that is contains some minor spoilers.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-general/59455-beat-the-first-episode-of-doom-1/

Oh, and for those who would ask the question "Are you for real?" I don't know what to say other than that yes, this post is 100% genuine. I've liked this game for a while, but I go back and forth between this and different games.

Oh, and yes, other then the recent BFG Edition, as far as I know I have access to every single Doom game.

Superrpgman said:

I'm not sure what the enemies that sorta look like mutated anthropomorphic pigs that shoot green fireballs, and to my surprise, I ran into maybe around 5 of them.

They're called "Barons of Hell"

BTW, the boss is known as the Cyberdemon, right? There a background storyline behind him by any chance? I assume that he comes back in Doom 2, right?

Yes. Don't know of any back story that might be considered canon. There's a production line somewhere in Hell that's still churning them out.

Anyways, what I got from the text that shows up after you beat the boss is that you were on one of Mars moons, and this time you survived, and you noticed something. Someone actually escaped from Hell (which I assume is Mars) and now you're gonna go to Mars itself to find out what the heck is going on there, and complete the final 8 or 9 levels of the original Doom!

In the official storyline, Deimos (the setting for Episode 2) vanishes from the Martian sky and is assumed by Doomguy to be hovering above Hell, which is where you're headed for Episode 3.

Pretty interesting to see an actual gamer go back and play Doom for the first time. Play it enough and you'll be running through these levels like they're nothing. But the first time through, for me anyway, it was tough.

There's something truly special about reading someone's first reactions to Doom so many years after its release. Congrats on completing Ep. 2. Now for Inferno! (P.S. Beware of Thy Flesh Consumed, especially on higher difficulties. That episode doesn't fool around!)

Superrpgman said:

BTW, the boss is known as the Cyberdemon, right? There a background storyline behind him by any chance?

In fact Wolfenstein RPG has it's own back story for the cyberdemon, it's supposed to be the final enemy named the Harbinger (I think) and he doesn't have cybernetic parts, however he looses the same arm and leg that are now cybernetic in Doom after being defeated in Wolfenstein RPG, though I don't now if this is canon or not.

enemies that sorta look like mutated anthropomorphic pigs that shoot green fireballs

The Baron of Hell is supposed to be a demon not a anthropromorph and it looks closer to a goat than a pig, there's a marble texture with a high resolution detailing of the Baron of Hell's head which is used in that episode so I don't see how you could've missed that and it would've given you a better idea of what they look like than the actual sprites.

Superrpgman said:

Actually, it comes back as early as in the third episode, Inferno.

Well done on completing another episode of Doom!

It is interesting and fun to read somebody new playing Doom so long after its release!

Doom can still attract people - yay

I would love to get more people playing Doom, its gameplay is unmatched :)

Episode 2 sure is iconic. And a considerable slope in difficulty compared to Episode 1. Well glad you enjoyed the experience. Even now, with all those megawads released, the original Doom can still give you some of the best moments.

I`m Very Happy to see new Gamers Playing this Beautiful game. Congratulations you beat this difficult episode!. try to be patient on episode 3 there is a lot of laberintic levels they are relly dificult. you will be beat relly soon.

plese feel free to tell us your experiences in the game. I love to read them.

qoncept said:

Pretty interesting to see an actual gamer go back and play Doom for the first time. Play it enough and you'll be running through these levels like they're nothing. But the first time through, for me anyway, it was tough.

Is because we finish the game, once ,twice or more times. But there is a lot of doom based games or wads we have no play (official or not). and We need to play. :3

For example I have never play the master levels, and some days ago I buy them on steam. I've fallen in each trap the designers have put on my way. I can not believe it.

by the way there is someone expert on phisical editions heretic here?.

Congrats Superrpgman, it seems rare indeed to hear from someone who is new to Doom. While some of the maps in Doom 2 are quite long and perhaps not as dynamic or thrilling as the originals, the new monsters are amazing and breathe new life into Doom.

For the full experience, try Final Doom and the Master Levels.

Then try Alien Vendetta, but be warned: If you think Ultimate Doom is hard, Final Doom will bury you and Alien Vendetta will seduce you just before it sends you screaming to your doom!

:D