Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(empty)

Duke 3D For Free on GoG!

Im a GOG customer since 2010 and I fully reccomend getting an account. They have a great catalog of classic games (and recently, modern games too) with absolutely no DRM (only an OPTIONAL downloader manager) and good offers/sales.

Duke 3D was the first game I bougth there so this giveaway was not exactely useful for me, but who cares, it was well worth the price I paid at the time ($3 on sales). =P heh

Enjay said:

"Beneath a Steel Sky" also appeared in my collection as a free download and I'm looking forward to trying that. It's supposed to be pretty good (some people might say awesome of course). :P

Yes, Beneath a Steel Sky has a sense of awesomeness to it.

Well, EDuke32 is sweet as fuck but doesn't like to reload my savegames. Looks like I've got to figure out how to fuck with the settings in DOSbox because I get to the nightclub and it judders like a motherfucker.

Which would I prefer, the ability to save or a playable framerate? :P

Clonehunter said:

Yes, Beneath a Steel Sky has a sense of awesomeness to it.

I think it has gameplay issues. Most of the gameplay seems to be hunting for clickable elements on each screen. I got stuck at one point and peeked at the included walkthrough. It told me to try the thing I had just tried. Apparently 1337 mouse-fu is required.

ComicMischief said:

Well, EDuke32 is sweet as fuck but doesn't like to reload my savegames.

Same happened here. Current revision is bugged, so I used old one. Just go to their repo and select older one. I use older r3101, and saves normally.

Aliotroph? said:

I think it has gameplay issues. Most of the gameplay seems to be hunting for clickable elements on each screen. I got stuck at one point and peeked at the included walkthrough. It told me to try the thing I had just tried. Apparently 1337 mouse-fu is required.

Heh. Welcome to the world of pixel hunting. ;)