Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Se7enDeadlySins

Search for the missiong Screen Saver.

I recently had to reformat my Hard Drive (explaining my lack of posts) and had THOUGHT I backed the thing up..but..I didn't. It was a real neat screen saver that had come with a doom theme I had gotten. Don't have the source of where I got the theme from though either, so i'm going to try to describe it here. It was a high rez SS, with all sorts of partical effects...it would do bursts (like fireworks) or look like fire, a mix of everything. You could choose from red, orange, lime green and I think blue. It's name was "Blaze." If it strikes anyone as familiar, and you could point me in the right direction, I'd be appriciative. Thanks =)

Screensavers blow. Just get yourself a nice wallpaper.

Have your monitor turn itself off after 25 minutes, that way you can sit back and watch things on it. Screensavers are stupid, ugly, eat resources and basically are about as useful as Linux on Mac hardware.

But.......but....Shinny colors on screen..../me pouts

I do have a nice wall paper though, rem that drawn doom pic with the marine reaching for the BFG that was posted on the main page for a while? I have that to stare at when I'm idly clicking about. THe screen saver thing isn't important, I'd end up disabling it again after getting annoyed with it after about maybe a week..*shrug* Just needed somethin' to do at 12:30 at night.

Just needed somethin' to do at 12:30 at night.

Have you tired wanking? Much more fun than looking at a screensaver.

I don't know, do a Google on Doom Screensavers. You may find what you've been looking for :)

Originally posted by Se7enDeadlySins
It was a high rez SS, with all sorts of partical effects...it would do bursts (like fireworks) or look like fire, a mix of everything. You could choose from red, orange, lime green and I think blue. It's name was "Blaze." If it strikes anyone as familiar, and you could point me in the right direction, I'd be appriciative. Thanks =)

It definitely strikes me as familiar, but I don't remember where I got it either. Did this theme that you speak of have a wallpaper of the DOOM ][ title screen? If so, then I definitely know what you're talking about.

Oh, and Liam, I know you know this as well as I do, so don't think I'm being a smartass, but the purpose of a screensaver is to keep from burning an image into you monitor while the computer is not being used while it's on, not necessarily to look at. I for one never look at a one of my screensavers.

I don't see the point in scr's. They come on when you leave the machine, and go off when you come back, what's the point?

I have a Civ3 scrren saver that was interesting for a few minutes, but after I saw the damn warrior kill 3 riflemen in a row, it got boring. I wish I could make the WinAmp visualization into a screensaver.

Originally posted by pritch
I don't see the point in scr's. They come on when you leave the machine, and go off when you come back, what's the point?

Originally posted by Crendowing
...the purpose of a screensaver is to keep from burning an image into you monitor while the computer is not being used while it's on, not necessarily to look at. I for one never look at a one of my screensavers.

/me tries to pound the ruler of the DOLTs on the head with a 50 lb. sledgehammer, but just falls over in the process

Dan: yeah, that would be pretty hot. Didn't Geiss do that? I could have sworn that it could function as a screensaver.

Ah well, I suppose I'll just keep my marquee.

I have a better idea:

Turn off your monitor when you aren't using your computer.

the purpose of a screensaver is to keep from burning an image into you monitor while the computer is not being used while it's on, not necessarily to look at.

That doesn't happen with today's monitors. The most recent monitor I've seen that happen on are the ones at school, which are from 1995 and display the same image constantly until someone logs on. Even then, it's barely visible.

As long as we're using CRT or LCD technology, it can happen. It just takes more time than a caucaus. FOLED technology, on the other hand.../me spooges

DC