Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Early christmas QuakeLive got Q2 maps

Christmas came early this year. Finally QL got the seminal masterpiece map The Edge as well as another favorit map, Warehouse. Both two classics that were first introduced in Quake 2.

I just played them today, think I saw you in the Warehouse. I hope they add some more Q2 maps, and maybe Q1 too.

Pretty cool.

I haven't played Quake 3/Live since they first opened the Quake Live Beta (I had to create a new account). I just got annihilated by some guy in a FFA game 15-1, and I subsequently acknowledged defeat and quit. I need to brush up my skills.

Great to see The Edge is going to be a full time map now, rather than restricted to a couple weeks out of the year.

Heh, just noticed that I have the most play time on Winter's Edge. I guess that shows how much I like that map (and how little I play QL).

I tried to pick up QL again last week and got raped on the training level. Also, somehow, my GeForce 8600 mobile card was too slow to run at full resolution. I happen to think that's bullshit.

So yeah... back to Battlefield P4F for me.

Hm, I think Warehouse is Q2 map on the PSX version, or at least i's called Warehouse, but I don't know if it's the same map. Either way, classic maps? I should pick up QL again. Good times in that game.

Technician: They delete it after about a year or more of inactivity. But not without first sending a warning mail to you informing you of the impending deletion.

Clonehunter: Both The Edge and Warehouse are old DM Quake 2 maps from the PC release. These updated versions were based on the source .map files for the PC release of Quake 2. The Edge is a seminal map in that it's been carried over and reinterpeted in many different ways and games. Such as Doom 2 (Darkening E2), Quake 3, Quake 4, Doom 3 (as the Edge 2), and now in Quake Live. Warehouse hasn't had an AS big impact. But it's never the less a fan favorit in the Quake 2 scene at the very least.

Winter's Edge doesn't flow very well, especially the rocket room. Way too easy to get naded in CA by some camping idiot.

New map rotation isn't that bad, but I miss Eviscerated.

Can anyone tell me if there's even a point to playing quake live if one cannot afford the pro subscription and get locked out of half the maps?

A while back they started rotating through up a couple premium maps/game modes each month to entice you to go premium. You can also join games made by premium players. The free maps are still the best for the most part, IMO.

I'd subscribe, but I just don't play the game enough for it to be worth it to me.

kristus said:

Technician: They delete it after about a year or more of inactivity. But not without first sending a warning mail to you informing you of the impending deletion.

Got one recently, it said I've been inactive for 180 days. Two weeks notice before deletion.

kristus said:

Both The Edge and Warehouse are old DM Quake 2 maps from the PC release.

Yes they are. Thank you for, saying that, I guess.