Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

The General's Megawad playthroughs thread

So I'm gonna start a playthrough of all the megawads that have been released here, however I'm gonna need a list of all of them ordered by date uploaded. Would someone be willing to make this list for me? As soon as the list is here, I'll begin.

Here's a link to the demos thread:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed-demos/62626-the-generals-megawad-playthrough-demos/

:O Good luck with that! First megaWAD ever (that I'm aware of) was Enjay Doom (Come Out Fighting was the first ever full episode released, from what I've heard), so that'll probably have to be your starting point. Although it is also morphed into Enjay Doom 2 and later Enjay ZDoom 2001, so might be worth just picking your poison there.

to be honest, a sort feature would be a very nice implementation for IDGames.

In addition, there are a couple of megawads (meaning 32+ levels) that aren't in the megawads folders.

Thanks for this, but I happen to know that's not all of them. You're missing everything Doom 1, a bunch from this year, and probably more doom 2 ones.

Oh btw, I will put an accompanying demo thread in the demos forum for this.

Well this sounds like something worth getting behind. If no one else does I'll volunteer to get make a list of all the DOOM (1) megawads for ya tonight. That's part of it at least.

Good luck. I'm not sure how anyone can get through that list BloodyAcid posted...

Actually, even that list is far from complete: I can think of a ton of megawads that aren't on there (MM, MM2, Eternal Doom, Strain, HELL in HELL, zpack, Twilight Zone 2, everything from 2012, etc.)

You're missing everything Doom 1, a bunch from this year, and probably more doom 2 ones.

I forget to mention Doom 2 only, pasted from the start of DW Megawad club, and yes, more Doom 2 ones (like CC4, BTSX etc etc)

Phobus said:

Come Out Fighting was the first ever full episode released, from what I've heard

I'm a little late to this discussion (having been away from home), but I think that honour may actually fall to Knee-Deep in the DEU (kneedeep.wad inside the zip). There may well have been earlier versions that the one included with DEU 5.21.

Could someone post a comprehensive list of the doom/doom2 megawads in order of date for me?

Next I will do that short episode Grazza mentioned next then maybe Cleimos 2. I'd like to play them in order of creation.

-GRB

All the obvious megawads I could find. In xls and txt format, sorted by date. I am sure there are plenty more out there. For example, my '97 2-episode megawad is filed as if it were less than 15 maps. This list represents those filed under megawads, and a few others (filed under themes, etc). My WAD made the list too somehow :)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9n9YNu8ulsmb2pXeEpkT1pTOWc

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9n9YNu8ulsmOXV1Q1V2ZEZoWlk

Good luck.