Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
purist

Doom Year Resolutions

Actually finish making a Doom map for once. Don't care how small it is.

I don't think I've released anything since 2009. Not even a measly speedmap.

Memfis said:

Stop wasting my life on stupid games, get a girlfriend, etc?

No!!

I want to be able to play more Doom.
Yeah, on contrary of most (?) people, I want to play more Doom and get better at it. My job took me enough time last year, and the much I see my girlfriend doesn't affect my Dooming much, or I wouldn't have made her my girlfriend in first place :P

I want to make a wad of a giant, flying, UAC battle-ship that traverses somewhat dynamically through a canyon type environment. I think I have it pretty much figured out on paper how to go about doing it, just need to do some field testing. Definitely GZDoom.

Considering I don't map now, I'd like to get into more playtesting and help out with advices... if they are good advices, that is.

And to play some more Zdaemon Survival now that an Australasian Thursday Night Survival server has been established. :D

Joshy said:

Considering I don't map now, I'd like to get into more playtesting and help out with advices... if they are good advices, that is.

And to play some more Zdaemon Survival now that an Australasian Thursday Night Survival server has been established. :D

Oh, I really enjoyed SoD. :( I'll bear the play testing in mind as I may need someone later this month.

My Doomyear Resolution is to figure out how to use the new texture editing tools out there.

Also to complete one map on a project I am working on.

My new year's resolution? Same resolution as the past two years actually.

Finally finish the goddamn megawad.

ArmouredBlood said:

Make some maps for NGmvmt2. I did not start off on the right type of map when starting it ...

OMG YES!

Get back into mapping if I can motivate myself to make some new maps.

Also going to play more Odamex and Zandronum multiplayer.

Edit: Oops forgot about Zdaemon -_-;

Joshy said:

Does your vast knowledge stretch to ultimate doom pwads? I could use a wise head to spot if I am making some major cock up.

Also another resolution -
Default mappers resolution - win a cacoward

Ed said:

I want to make a wad of a giant, flying, UAC battle-ship that traverses somewhat dynamically through a canyon type environment. I think I have it pretty much figured out on paper how to go about doing it, just need to do some field testing. Definitely GZDoom.

I imagine his famous boat with a Putrifier's architecture... Wow!!

I started learning Doom builder last year and started a re-make - yay

Now I just need to finish it, I will do it this year!!!

If everyone keeps to their resolutions 2013 promises to be a fittingly fruitful year judging by some of the responses to this thread.