Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Happy Birthday, Lainos! (/idgames link available)

Tomorrow is going to be the bithday of Lainos, author of Sacrament, Doxylamine Moon: Overdose and 5till L1 Complex. I think you may understand that I don't want to work too much ton 24th of Dec. (bugfixes maybe), so I release it now. =)

My original plan was that I'll make a city level like Doxylamine OD, as a tribute, but I had lack of ideas and inspiration, so I decided to make it as a Christmas and also a birthday present. Well, it seems it was successfull. =)

Some important notes: I integrated the map to the original Doxylamine OD file, which means that I changed the levels and their names only + I added one texture (LAINOS), which is a photo from Lainos. =) Also, I still can't give an exact credits to the textures, so there might be possible that the WAD will berejected from /idgames, but I don't care, I'll try to release it on /idgames.

Enjoy! =)

Download link: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=17042

Screenshots (sorry if they're too dark):

I didn't like the linearity and generic fights. The areas after the red door were a bit underdetailed (just long walls with one texture). But you captured the feel of Lainos' maps quite well. I guess it's a nice birthday present.

Memfis said:

I didn't like the linearity and generic fights. The areas after the red door were a bit underdetailed (just long walls with one texture). But you captured the feel of Lainos' maps quite well. I guess it's a nice birthday present.

Thanks! Well, the description tells its reason ;)

My original plan was that I'll make a city level like Doxylamine OD, as a tribute, but I had lack of ideas and inspiration, so I decided to make it as a Christmas and also a birthday present.

The problem is that I had to hurry. For example, monster placement took less than half an hour.

PS.: thanks for the idea of the Christmas tree - I saw that in Whitemare :D

Map is successfully released on /idgames! Hurray! First post is refreshed.

Meanwhile, Cacoward 2012 is also released, and Lainos won on it by 5till L1 Complex! Congratulations for him, etc... Double present!

Anyway, feel free to rate and review the WAD on /idgames. =)

See you next time!

PS.: sorry for overacting or anything, but I'm quite proud of that I could finish a damn' map already... :D