Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

I changed my avatar once and it worked but that was just a dress rehearsal for the real avatar so I changed it a second time and it didn't work. Does it just take a while to update or what?

This is what my avatar looks like now:

This is what I want it to look like:

nvm it went :)

This, basically:

About youtube field in the profile, it doesn't allow to link to the new-style URLs, because new youtube users don't get a nice youtube.com/user/%username% url

I wanted to link to my absolutely Doom-centric channel, which is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZklTFAgmsClFkCAsscT5eQ.
But then I saw that DW only allows to specify the username under Youtube, and due to Google wanting to get more money, they removed the human-readable URLs for new user registrations and now only have that horrible /channel/ link.
(there's still an option to get an URL like youtube.com/%username% or youtube.com/c/%username%, but it's paid).

Can this be fixed somehow?

It was a legit question. In my defence, I didn't know the mods received emails from this specific thread. I apologise.

EDIT: The vB code says to use yt tags, but why do they look like normal url tags when quoted?

I can't seem to get YouTube videos to embed. I saw other posts with working videos where all they did was put the URL but it's not working for me. I paste the URL directly and it just creates a link; not embedded.

Nevander said:

why do they look like normal url tags when quoted?

When you quote a post containing [img] or [yt] tags, the forum software automatically converts them to [url] tags, to prevent people from quoting images or videos.

scifista42 said:

the forum software automatically converts them to [url] tags, to prevent people from quoting images or videos.

I see. Makes sense now, ignore my idiocy. :)

Hi,

I've been looking around but haven't found anything on the subject yet, it's probably buried somewhere though I'm sure.

Anyway, how to go about removing the profile message: I can upload my own avatar now!

I've updated my avatar but it still says it.
Is there a way around it or does the message eventually update over time?

Thanks

EDIT!
Lol, Nvm.. the second I made this post, it just changed! :)

Cheers

^ It's the default custom title of members whose post count is exactly 50. (Back when the abovementioned thread was made, the post count limit for uploading a custom avatar was higher and so this particular custom title didn't exist yet.)

NeedHealth said:

Either he had an ASCII word space in his username that was removed, or it is just some mod fraggling around with his title.

For the record, mods don't have the power to change custom titles, that includes supermods like me. Only admins can do that!

I'm running google chrome, and just now it ask's me to translate my User Control Panel, so I did it to see what would happen and it changed dew's name to "as required". Thought I would point that out, never seen it before.

Am I the only one who noticed the difference to the Doomworld?

e6470cf909.png