Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

1 minute ago, rf` said:

The idgames frontend is being tied into the forum software. This is literally the first day of the transition. As far as I know, Linguica is the only person working on this, so give him some patience to work.

Oh well sorry, since I havent found and posts about this, I thought it was a change made some weeks ago. I will miss the old archive though. I always liked the ffeeling of visiting a website from the 90s.

2 minutes ago, plmgrno said:

Oh well sorry, since I havent found and posts about this, I thought it was a change made some weeks ago. I will miss the old archive though. I always liked the ffeeling of visiting a website from the 90s.

You can keep track of progress here.

Can confirm about the ipv6 issue, i wasn't able to access the new site until i disabled it.

I am fairly certain the password recovery system does not send out an email even though it says it will. I had troubles remembering my password once I got home on my PC and went through a series of lock outs and attempts to reset but to no avail. No emails were ever sent to recover/reset my password. Eventually I guessed the right one before it locked me out again and was able to... sign in and do nothing, lol. It was the principle of the thing!

Also, I'm not sure if it was just my PC browser (I tried both IE and Chrome) or what but I could not pass the security check in order to sign up as a new user. My thoughts were the new system was locking my other account out and I wanted to create a dupe to report on the forums here but I couldn't. Even though I would get a check-mark saying I passed the "I'm not a robot" security check, after submitting it would tell me I failed to pass. Rinse, repeat. 

Anyways, just wanted to point out a few things I haven't seen mentioned yet. If they were already known, my apologies.

The "remove format" button from the goddamn WYSIWYG editor doesn't work on quoted text or spoiler text.

bla

bla

bla

Spoiler

bla

bla

bla

Well guys, I have a question.

I understand that the new design needs patience from users for fixing of bugs.

Will the old design and pages of idGames work again ? I think this one: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/

Because links on these idGames don´t work. If i click for example on Levels. I see only that The page does not exists. Error code 1S160/2

I have many links to idGames on my site (http://doom.starehry.eu/) and I don´t know if I should change it and put there new links (for example this one: 

Thanks for reply.

The only issue I seem to have is my avatar, which is normally animated, no longer is animated until I reupload it. After a while, it stops animating again. Though I don't know if it's just on my screen or if everyone sees it as a static image right now.

11 minutes ago, Ichor said:

The only issue I seem to have is my avatar, which is normally animated, no longer is animated until I reupload it. After a while, it stops animating again. Though I don't know if it's just on my screen or if everyone sees it as a static image right now.

It's animated on mine if you're wondering.

5 minutes ago, Bauul said:

It's animated on mine if you're wondering.

Ok, that's good to know.

Not sure if this was by intention or not, but the banner appears to be mixing up the blue hi-def pictures with unrelated lo-res ones.  Here's a screenshot.

Also, nice touch with the photo upload button here.  That is much easier than going to imgur.

banner.jpg

It's just the cyberdemon and mastermind for now. I'm sure there's a lot on the to-do list so that will probably come back down the road.

Sometimes the "What's on your mind" text box from the forums home is missing, so I have to go to my profile and post from there.

2 minutes ago, printz said:

Sometimes the "What's on your mind" text box from the forums home is missing, so I have to go to my profile and post from there.

Maybe reloading the page will bring it back?

Anyway, unless I'm missing something I don't see a cancel button for replies.

Hahaha, the old website style.

New problem discovered: threads with videos in them, such as the ones about music, crash the webpage and prompt the browser to refresh, in a perpetual cycle. Safari on iPad, iOS 10.2.1.

Edited by printz : Added problem report

45 minutes ago, printz said:

Safari on iPad, iOS 10.2.1.

What, like, an iPad 1 or 2? Because yeah, those have well-known crashing issues due to their low amounts of RAM.

iPad mini 2? That's a little unusual then, those actually have a gig of RAM and they should still be fine. I have an iPad Mini 1, I'll have to try it.

The real solution would be to reimplement the sort of thing we had before where all Youtube embeds are actually just placeholder images that only load when you click on them, but it will take some time to figure that stuff out again.

On 14.03.2017 at 6:22 PM, Zalewa said:

Much rejoicing. The API works again. I have managed to resurrect Wadseeker ability to search the database, although this commit was necessary to get it up and running as I had not predicted to ever receive a redirect header from api.php.

1 hour ago, Zalewa said:

although this commit was necessary to get it up and running as I had not predicted to ever receive a redirect header from api.php.

And now that is not even necessary since I realized I could just use nginx as a reverse proxy to fetch and return the legacy page with the "proper" URL.

edit: OK and now they stopped redirecting properly... ugh what did I change now...

edit 2: OK seems to work again...

3 hours ago, Zalewa said:

Much rejoicing. The API works again.

Thank you, Linguica! That was quick and is very much appreciated!

Gotta pay for this somehow!

Also the messed up profile page on mobile is a known issue. I messed with the templates to make the "tablet" form factor start at way smaller a size than default (so that it goes into "tablet mode" on a landscape iPhone 5, to be precise). Most of the pages deal with this fine but the profile page is one that needs to be rejiggered or have the breakpoints changed.

Wanted to read some old DWMC threads and, instead of the threads, I got this message: 

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2