Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

12 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

Why are some folks, like @plmgrno, Registered Lurkers despite having some posts?

Good catch. Seems like ranks were copied over from the old forum but aren't getting automatically updated anymore.

15 hours ago, Linguica said:

Gotta pay for this somehow!

Then we should do a fundraiser to recompensate you for the money you spent on the software. Like some of us said before, many of us are willing to pitch in to help. I'm on board with this idea and don't think it's totally fair that you've to pay the price alone.

2 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Why are some folks, like @plmgrno, Registered Lurkers despite having some posts?

Blogs. Blogs didn't count towards your post count. (edit) I'v been ninja'd. Could be a bug like Essel said.

If a follower has no avatar you cannot view their profile on the brief follower list.

Also I cannot seem to find the list of those whom I follow.

7 minutes ago, RestlessRodent said:

Also I cannot seem to find the list of those whom I follow.

Try clicking on your name at the top right of the page, then select Manage Followed Content, then select Members.

22 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Try clicking on your name at the top right of the page, then select Manage Followed Content, then select Members.

I keep wishing there was more of a quick shortcut for this, or just to bring up someone's profile in general.

@RestlessRodent & esselfortium:

Activity > My Activity Steams > Members I follow.... There is also an option to create a new stream of content. That new stream of content could be a small amalgamation of your "best producers of DW content and dank memes", for instance. That custom stream might not be super fast to access (for now) but at least it would organize a few different people's interesting content onto one stream/page so there is less "profile surfing" involved when you go looking for the funposters and Doomdrama

User titles weren't updating consistently because the forum software uses a silly algorithm:

• Load all the user titles from their table in the database
  • Loop over them one by one and compare the minimum post count for that title to the user's current post count
  • If user post count is >= the current one being looked at, update the user title to that

So guess what happens if the rows in the database aren't listed in strict increasing order by postcount??

I am now apparently subscribed to every single thread on the site, so I'm constantly bombarded with notifications I don't give a shit about. The only way around it is apparently to turn off notifications entirely, including for the threads I do give a shit about.

11 minutes ago, Impie said:

I am now apparently subscribed to every single thread on the site, so I'm constantly bombarded with notifications I don't give a shit about. The only way around it is apparently to turn off notifications entirely, including for the threads I do give a shit about.

You were, and are, subscribed to precisely 12 threads.

Disable automatic following for threads you post in, create, or sneeze at.

44 minutes ago, Jaws In Space said:

It appears that other people cannot see the About Me tab on one's profile page.

By default it wasn't public, weird.

On 3/18/2017 at 0:16 PM, Linguica said:

User titles weren't updating consistently because the forum software uses a silly algorithm:

At least I can finally see mine.

I currently can't see the 'Doom 3: Phobos' subforum (which used to be under 'Special Interest'). I dunno if this is because the subforum itself was tossed in the forum change, or if my access got inadvertently revoked.

When starting a post, quoting somebody, then closing the page (without posting) and coming back, and trying to post again, the quote gets restored but I cannot get rid of the quote! In my case it has happened after I deleted the quote's content, so now that thread is forever stuck in a situation where replying starts with an empty quote that (1) I can't delete! (2) I seem unable to write anything outside it!

10 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

I currently can't see the 'Doom 3: Phobos' subforum (which used to be under 'Special Interest'). I dunno if this is because the subforum itself was tossed in the forum change, or if my access got inadvertently revoked.

I ported over the list of people who appeared to have access to that forum but only grabbed the first page of userids instead of changing the query result to show all of them WHOOPS. Fixed now.

4 hours ago, printz said:

When starting a post, quoting somebody, then closing the page (without posting) and coming back, and trying to post again, the quote gets restored but I cannot get rid of the quote! In my case it has happened after I deleted the quote's content, so now that thread is forever stuck in a situation where replying starts with an empty quote that (1) I can't delete! (2) I seem unable to write anything outside it!

Yeah it's kind of janky, but you should be able to place the cursor after the quote box and then backspace to delete it.

21 minutes ago, j4rio said:

Old attachments don't work, redirects to dev.doomworld

Fucking barf. I am going to have to make a script to, like, search through every single post for a dev.doomworld.com link and then edit it in place to read www.doomworld.com. They still work if you just manually edit the link of course.

51 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Fucking barf. I am going to have to make a script to, like, search through every single post for a dev.doomworld.com link and then edit it in place to read www.doomworld.com. They still work if you just manually edit the link of course.

I'm fixing some of the links now. It's good to know that almost all of the old attachments are demos in .zip form and located on one forum, which narrows down the searching quite a bit.

6 minutes ago, Ichor said:

I'm fixing some of the links now. It's good to know that almost all of the old attachments are demos in .zip form and located on one forum, which narrows down the searching quite a bit.

There are over 13,000 instances from a cursory search so have fun with that. 

7 minutes ago, Linguica said:

There are over 13,000 instances from a cursory search so have fun with that. 

Well, I have been kind of bored lately, so...

2 hours ago, Linguica said:

I ported over the list of people who appeared to have access to that forum but only grabbed the first page of userids instead of changing the query result to show all of them WHOOPS. Fixed now.

Still not showing up on my end. It's still under 'Special Interest', correct? 

You can invite people to PMs one at a time, but trying to invite multiple people (I tried four) fails with no one becoming invited.

4 hours ago, Caffeine Freak said:

Still not showing up on my end. It's still under 'Special Interest', correct? 

Oh and I should actually let the usergroup see the forum lol.

4 minutes ago, CapnClever said:

You can invite people to PMs one at a time, but trying to invite multiple people (I tried four) fails with no one becoming invited.

This is all I can set in the way of PMs:

sE7na1G.png

Hi.

There's been a couple of times when I'm unable to connect to the forum. It appears to be a random occurrence (the error message is "unable to connect, try again" and a "retry" button. That's it.

Happens in Chrome under Windows 10, as well as with Firefox with Lubuntu 15.10.

Thanks for reading.

Dunno about you, but bugs about quoting continue. I accidentally deleted the empty line after the quote and now when I write anything new I don't see anything. The keyboard does show me that I write words, but nothing shows up. 

Good thing I can clear editor.

Screenshot_2017-03-23-09-36-22.png

The spellcheck rule for Wikia isn't being applied: 

(One more round of thanks to Ling for pitching himself into a huge project using languages he doesn't know!)

(EDIT: Naturally the link was stripped by the quote function just to make me look like a dumbass. Click the header for the original post.)