Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

3 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Also, there seems to be 4.5/5 stars for Alien Vendetta but when reviewing I'm only able to choose 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, not X.5, how is this possible? 

Could be also possible to allow someone to edit the number of stars given before? 

do you not understand averages? :D

if half the votes are 5 stars and half are 4 stars it will average out as 4.5

7 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

do you not understand averages? :D

if half the votes are 5 stars and half are 4 stars it will average out as 4.5

Yes I do and that was not what I was asking about. 

I now see that the amount of stars that shows in my reviews in Files Reviews is the average of all the rates by the reviewers, not just my rate. That is what confused me. Maybe I didn't explain my doubt properly before...

I still believe it would be great if one can edit their rate in case they picked the wrong number of stars. 

Observation: if you try to post very shortly after sending a PM, you get a notice that you have to wait a little bit. Not a big deal, but seems unusual. 

After going to post a lengthy amount of feedback for a map set in Wads & Mods, DoomWorld didn't accept my post, stating that some field is required, though I do not see what field this is... This wouldn't be a big deal, but unfortunately it also restored the reply from yesterday, meaning that I lost about 2 hours worth of typing today :(

7 hours ago, Fonze said:

DoomWorld didn't accept my post, stating that some field is required, though I do not see what field this is...

This happens when you accidentally click "Start new topic" instead of "Reply to this topic" and don't fill the new topic's title (and if you do fill it, your post gets published as a new thread instead of going into the thread you wanted it to go to).

You must be looking somewhere else; I typed my reply in the "Reply to this topic..." window at the bottom of the thread, then hit the "Submit Reply" button, same as I did for this post. I actually still have the window open to encourage me to type something at this point and can see the "Submit Reply" button -- matter of fact:

VZgNWwe.png

I mean, I know I'm not gonna get that text back, but I figured it was worth a report. Cool that at least the beginning was saved though.

Just a small note: when someone sends you a private message you get two Alert icons pop up (at least you do on the mobile view). One to tell you that you have a new message, one to alert you to the notification that you have a new message. 

Any way of turning off one of the Alerts? 

Stuff on the 3ddownloads backup are unavailable right now, e.g. try the external link here.

The HTML Title property of forum pages shows the page number of the first page you visited, not the page you are on. This affects the filename browsers choose when saving a page to your hard drive.

For example, this is page 29, and, if I do a Save As on this page, I get "Site and/or forum bugs or things not working - Page 29 - Everything Else - Doomworld.htm"

But, if I then click on Page 26, and do a Save As on that page, it still says "...Page 29". This affects me a lot, cause I do my browsing at work, and bring pages home via USB thumb drive.

The old forum put the page number at the end of the title, and it was always accurate. Thanks in advance, for your time and consideration.

By the way, is there any way (and is it allowed) to mass-download the Doomworld forums?

Known issue since it's not truly reloading the page but javascripting in a different set of posts. 

Please don't scrape the website, it's annoying enough when search bots do it. 

Why is that the cover photo of various profiles seem to occupy half of th space provided? My profile doesn't appear this way. Here is AbsorbedHatch's profile as seen on an iPhone. Nine Inch Heels' cover photo is also the same. In fact, I'm guessing everyone's cover photo appears this way on mobile.

image.jpg

i am unable to review files at old format of idgames.. it keep asking for login to Doomworld which im already

On 5/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, bzzrak said:

The new /idgames doesn't show filesize, like the old one did. Pretty please?

Sadly its not the only important field missing,there is also no release date, no indication of zip file type like

combos/deathmatch/ graphics/levels/ lmps/ music/ skins/sounds/ source themes/utils/ 

it Evens misses the basic info like which of game the specific file intended for i.e doom1,2 or hexen... 

On 5/26/2017 at 9:44 PM, Linguica said:

Known issue since it's not truly reloading the page but javascripting in a different set of posts.

!!eussi rehtona s'ereH  <- When you hit ENTER to split a quote up, it works, but then any text you type goes Right-to-Left, until you re-position the cursor! Try it!

On 5/26/2017 at 9:44 PM, Linguica said:

Please don't scrape the website, it's annoying enough when search bots do it. 

Ok, no problem. I was hoping to do some offline research. Doomworld is, after all, the best resource for Doom info, alongside the Wiki. All of my Doomworld interactions are done at my work. I'm still too paranoid to have internet at home, if you can believe that.

I'm sure you're aware of the directives you can embed in the HTML that request that bots don't read the site, although the bots don't always comply.

Not sure if this is the place to ask it, but is there any way to turn of WYSIWYG editing in posts? I just want my bbcode.

Is it possible to embed a Bandcamp player? I tried the HTML copy/paste code but it doesn't work. Has anyone gotten this to function at all?

On 31.5.2017 at 11:49 PM, Zahid said:

Sadly its not the only important field missing

It'd sure be useful to see the targeted sourceport, what levels does it have (a megawad?, a single level?), the file size, (1 kb, 100 Mb) but the problem might be that many old files don't use the txt-template file.

I tried to upload an image for a post and it throws a message saying "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200". The file is in PNG format and has a size of 1.2 MB, so I don't understand what is causing it.

1 minute ago, KVELLER said:

I tried to upload an image for a post and it throws a message saying "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200". The file is in PNG format and has a size of 1.2 MB, so I don't understand what is causing it.

I have same problem,so I upload bigger images through imgur.

I did the following and it's simple......use Paint and save the image as JPG. That image will be reduced to 1/4 of the original PNG image....

Just now, leodoom85 said:

I did the following and it's simple......use Paint and save the image as JPG. That image will be reduced to 1/4 of the original PNG image....

I don't have a PC ;-; but there's probably some app I can use on my phone.

2 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Can you upload the exact file somewhere else so I can see it?

Just now, Linguica said:

Can you upload the exact file somewhere else so I can see it?

Um... I deleted it.

I ended up converting it to JPG. It dropped to ~200 KB and it worked.

Working with quotes is somewhat clumsy. I wanted to get my mouse cursor underneath this block of quotes, but I could not, no matter what I tried, including putting the cursor above the last quote and pressing the right or down buttons. (Ended up typing some sentences first and wedging the quotes between them.) Also when I first collected the quotes, I had gathered two but couldn't put the one from 2012 below those without going back and multi-quoting everything.