Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Site and/or forum bugs or things not working

Well, I actually wish to create a second DW account, so I just went to doomworld.com, hit Sign Up and filled all the details, including the security check(which I know I did right).

And when I clicked Sign up, the page refreshed by saying that the security check has not been done. I did the security check exam multiple times, but it just wouldn't work!

Anyone please fix this as soon as possible..

1 hour ago, AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

Well, I actually wish to create a second DW account, so I just went to doomworld.com, hit Sign Up and filled all the details, including the security check(which I know I did right).

And when I clicked Sign up, the page refreshed by saying that the security check has not been done. I did the security check exam multiple times, but it just wouldn't work!

Anyone please fix this as soon as possible..

Why do you need second account in the first place? 

I only signed up with having a Twitter account though, not by the normal means....

8 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Why do you need second account in the first place? 

Is it possible to change my username?

2 minutes ago, AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

Is it possible to change my username?

Well, yes. After 180 days or less if forum admin didn't switch off that function. 
Go into profile settings and check "display name" if you passed that time, you'll be allowed change profile name.

7 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Well, yes. After 180 days or less if forum admin didn't switch off that function. 
Go into profile settings and check "display name" if you passed that time, you'll be allowed change profile name.

Well, it worked! Thanks!

On 6/18/2017 at 7:16 PM, KVELLER said:

I tried to upload an image for a post and it throws a message saying "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200". The file is in PNG format and has a size of 1.2 MB, so I don't understand what is causing it.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:47 PM, Linguica said:

Can you upload the exact file somewhere else so I can see it?

Maybe the server code could be modified to auto-convert large images, first to PNG, and if that's not small enough, then to JPG. Just an idea.

1 hour ago, TFK said:

I am not able to follow members. Why?

Also, why can't I see my rep points???

Linguica wrote this on Monday:

I disabled the public reputation counters on a whim to see if I would miss them.

I've never particularly liked the idea of people trying to "farm points" just in order to make a counter go up, but I also think that some sort of public reputation system is nice. Although there already is a sort of permanent "reputation system" in the form of registration date, which I like because 1) I think being a long-time member is a valuable thing and 2) there's no way to cheat father time.

2 minutes ago, TFK said:

Okay. But why can't I follow other members?

It works for me. Maybe the members you want to follow, they disabled that.

Hi Ling,

In the last few days I've seen dead links on the wiki which should work, and AFAIK have been for years. Examples:

It's not just their age, because these are fine:

If there is an obvious explanation known to every DWF member but me (wouldn't be the first time), feel free to dock me a couple hundred points. Oh wait.

1 and 3 don't appear to exist, 2 is a post hell thread.

edit: 1 and 3 look like Community Chest development threads, so I assume they are in a forum that is hidden from view.

1 hour ago, CzechMate29200 said:

why?

Because it glorified Bad posting behavior and trolling. I miss it as well, but I understand why it's hidden now.

1 hour ago, CzechMate29200 said:

why?

Post Helling a thread was functionally indistinguishable from just closing it, except with the additional pomp and circumstance of adding garish colors and music and declaring it especially "bad". It didn't actually stop people from viewing objectionable threads and actually counterproductively aggregated them in one place for wannabe trolls to peruse. Post Hell was virtue signaling.

2 hours ago, Linguica said:

1 and 3 don't appear to exist, 2 is a post hell thread.

edit: 1 and 3 look like Community Chest development threads, so I assume they are in a forum that is hidden from view.

OK, thanks for looking into that so quickly.

I'm following the Freedoom forums but I don't get any notifications that someone posted on those forums. It seems that it only alerts me on the threads I have posted on before. Sometimes. New threads that appear don't come up for some reasons in my notifications. Sometimes.

I turned on the "someone posts something I follow" and other "I follow" options in the notification options, and still have the same issue.

I even unfollowed then followed again as an cheap attempt to get the notifications to work.

Help?

I didn't even realize you could "follow" a whole forum, I have no idea how or if it works. I guess I will try following a forum for a while and see what happens.

My initial assumption is that it only notifies you when a new thread is posted, not when anyone posts in any thread in that forum.

All of a sudden I'm getting live updates again (page updates without me reloading the page), Did this go away for everyone and was reintroduced, or was I experiencing a bug that got fixed?

Suddenly today I am getting notifications of stuff even though it's all turned off. Is this the same thing Glide posted about?

I'm having the notification sound go off even when I don't have my browser up (it's on, with doom world on it, but I'll be doing something like playing a game.) Is that a bug or a problem on my end?

26 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

I'm having the notification sound go off even when I don't have my browser up (it's on, with doom world on it, but I'll be doing something like playing a game.) Is that a bug or a problem on my end?

Edit: misread your problem. You yourself already know the problem, but for some reason skipped over the detail: You still have Doomworld open. That's kind of the whole point of live updates.

Go into your notification settings if you want to change/disable its behavior.

Ok, I don't know much about programming, So sorry for my ignorance, but facebook has a similar feature yet it doesn't ding when it's in the background. Is this fixable or should I just disable it?

Facebook does ding in the background, its messenger would be useless if it didn't. If you don't want doomworld to play a sound, disable the sound.

Can I make a suggestion in this thread? It'd be great to be able to subscribe to a forum category. I'd like to get notifications whenever something new gets posted in the Doom News section.

edit: nevermind, it's already there is see.